Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Potential Storm 2/17-2/19

Snow_Miser

We need more consolidation in the trough, energy is everywhere

Yeah. 6z was the most recent impressive solution, and the differences in trough structure and energy focus are stark. This run still has that weird "V" look on the H5 vort charts... I think the orientation is an improvement at the same time frames, though.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree , the problem is right there at 120 hours . It has the Southern short wave near HATT and by 126- it jumps it out .

The GFS loves to eject the energy east as fast as possible . If it holds more energy back it comes up.  I dont dislike the look at all  .

We have all seen the GFS do this 20 times over the past 5 years .  I think its up this weekend not out .  ( they have all come up this year )

one way or another for the most part , they`ve gotten to the BM ,  IMO .

I disagree , the problem is right there at 120 hours . It has the Southern short wave near HATT and by 126- it jumps it out .

The GFS loves to eject the energy east as fast as possible . If it holds more energy back it comes up.  I dont dislike the look at all  .

We have all seen the GFS do this 20 times over the past 5 years .  I think its up this weekend not out .  ( they have all come up this year )

one way or another for the most part , they`ve gotten to the BM ,  IMO .

Very true and great post!

The trough axis can be east as everyone is saying...BUT what we need is for the trough to take a negative tilt earlier to allow the system to head north or NNW. Between NYC and BOS, someone is going to hate this weekend's storm. If it gets really amped, it could cut across LI or CT and stall or it could amp up too late and send New England another blizzard.

Lee goldberg from abc 7 said he feels this storm will trend closer to the shore 

The trough axis can be east as everyone is saying...BUT what we need is for the trough to take a negative tilt earlier to allow the system to head north or NNW. Between NYC and BOS, someone is going to hate this weekend's storm. If it gets really amped, it could cut across LI or CT and stall or it could amp up too late and send New England another blizzard.

Is there a way where we can all get in the fun?  I am sure there is and we will see that potentially be so.

It's kinda funny with this trough. The amplitude is actually TOO long. It takes forever for the energy to round the base and by the that time, it's already out to sea. Also, with such a short wavelength, the wavelength to amp ratio is likely way off as well. There is a ratio (dare I say I forget now) that is ideal for a storm to intensify. A few ways to get into the action with this...slow down the flow in front...if Wed.'s storm can be a bit more potent and lead to more confluence over the NE....or get heights to be bumped up a big to the SE...or a more potent piece of energy in the STJ.

Is there a way where we can all get in the fun?  I am sure there is and we will see that potentially be so.

Archived