joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow threats for the mountains.

Met1985

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don those returns showing up in TN are for REAL. Heavy returns with the upslope enhancement; reminds me why I love living in the mountains!

Def. a makes a difference! Snow is picking up again & the temp is down to 24.9°.......I am such a :weenie: up @ 3:00 am with no alarm for this.

Congrats everyone in AVL and Franklin and Met.

Got steady light snow and a dusting here in Dahlonega.  If I've got flakes flying IMBY then that means the mtns of WNC are doing well.

Thanks Moto!, Wind is starting to pick back up & snow is continuing......light to moderate. Closing in on 3".

WSW now for up to 5" of snow.

I'm scratching my head on that one.  Maybe 5" at the highest peak in GA.  How much have you received?  I've had a dusting at best.

That is so odd it makes me think it's an error.  Here is their forecast for MBY...

Today A chance of rain and snow showers, mainly before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

I'm scratching my head on that one.  Maybe 5" at the highest peak in GA.  How much have you received?  I've had a dusting at best.

That is so odd it makes me think it's an error.  Here is their forecast for MBY...

Today A chance of rain and snow showers, mainly before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

I just posted this in the main storm thread......I saw it, looked at the radar, then the visible satellite image and scratched my head.  I do have to admit however, I like how FFC seems to be much more aggressive this year and "exciting" for lack of better words.  Makes following storms more fun, but not sure about this one. :huh:

Have 1.5 now, still snowing lightly. I am wondering about it also but I will love to see more!

Have 1.5 now, still snowing lightly. I am wondering about it also but I will love to see more!

I just spoke with FFC because I thought it might have been a mistake but it was not.  The lady was real nice and explained they had reports of 3" amounts in the higher elevations.  So it's really just for the highest elevations.

Archived