Newest Member
    amirah5
February 2013 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyclone

Whole week looks mild..if we can stay away from much accumulating snow, i think next week at this time the piles will be half or less of what they are right now..

It actually almost felt warm when I got in my truck yesterday afternoon.  Sun definitely getting stronger as we head towards March.

15.7" at MKE this February. If they get to 20", it'll be the 18th time in recorded history that has happened (records since 1884).

Februaries with 20"+ total snowfall...

42.0" in 1974

38.7" in 1994

35.4" in 1898

34.0" in 1960

31.0" in 2008

29.6" in 2011

27.4" in 1924

27.1" in 1967

25.3" in 1908

23.8" in 1936

23.7" in 2007

22.9" in 1901

22.8" in 1980

22.2" in 1962

21.1" in 1905

20.7" in 1988

20.6" in 1900

Went hiking...sweating like a pig with full sun and almost no wind...the reflection off the snow didn't help.  Cross country skiers everywhere.  Saw a few people on snowshoes, but probably not needed.   Lot of ice under the snow up on the bluffs, so had to take it slow.  Gorgeous day...probably the best day in a few months/..for me at least.

Went hiking...sweating like a pig with full sun and almost no wind...the reflection off the snow didn't help.  Cross country skiers everywhere.  Saw a few people on snowshoes, but probably not needed.   Lot of ice under the snow up on the bluffs, so had to take it slow.  Gorgeous day...probably the best day in a few months/..for me at least.

I went out too. We only have a trace of snow on the ground. Went to the spillway of a local reservoir to see if the walleye were hungry. They weren't. Very nice ice formations on the bluff along the river. I also spotted 3 bald eagles under sunny skies and 34°. Beautiful day.

IND overperformed at 41° today. Below normal, but slightly higher than forecast.

Forecast for them is 42 tomorrow. With sunny skies, no snow cover, and some wwa, I'm thinking 45.

Overperforming temps is to IND like sleet is to LAF.

I have to stop talking about sleet.  :facepalm:

For sure!

I remember when I moved up here the third week of Sept last year and was on my way home from the market at 8pm and it started sleeting hard and lightening/thunder/wind. It covered the ground about 1/4". I suppose that was the official start of the snow season tally. Had snow the middle of dec and its been here solidly since. Had One day it almost left but didn't. Locals say hunting season Nov15th, there's usually between 5-15" on the ground and stays from there so it was a month late in staying this year. From perspective, it lived up to all I was hoping for and then some. Couldn't imagine '08/'09 when my town had 180".

Nice. Did you retire there or find a job?

Archived