CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Winter storm threat disc 1/25/13-1/26/13

Allsnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hug a model day on here as usual! Though some have mentioned some decent meteo (NAO going positive and progressive nature) I think we still salvage a decent area wide 2-4 type event. 8-12 was never going to happen, we were so spoiled in the mega -NAO days it just became expected that nearly every event would over preform. Not the case in the real world.

Lol....such a familiar experience this winter. All models show a storm, trend to no storm, admitting it comes slow but gradually....clinging on to chance of 2", then barely that.....GFS/NAM both going off of it kinda was game over for me. I still think we get 2" like I said before all these models caved in

From HM in the New England thread:

I think the models are seeing more of the exiting PV's influence and are losing the core of the PAC s/w. As Will suggested, I suspect this trends stronger as we get closer and this comes back NW.

E NJ to E MA zone could end doing well again with this one while I watch 30 miles to the West.

It`s a timing issue .The UKIE and JMA phase the northern and southern stream quicker , where as the Euro and GFS do so closer to Cape Cod .

Would lov to see what the Euro ensembles say . It`s Tues not Thrs , but as it stands in this air , Most along the coast could still be in line for more than 4 inches of snow while doing so in the low 20`s .

Most would have taken that at any point , before seeing an amped up 0z Euro .

From HM in the New England thread:

I think the models are seeing more of the exiting PV's influence and are losing the core of the PAC s/w. As Will suggested, I suspect this trends stronger as we get closer and this comes back NW.

E NJ to E MA zone could end doing well again with this one while I watch 30 miles to the West.

Literally beat me to the punch by 30 seconds

Archived