Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Lake Effect Snow Potential 1/30- 2/06

Jonger

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish someone at this office would make up their mind. Earlier when i posted above ( right after all was updated ) they had 2 inches today and a inch tonight with chance pops the rest of the week. Has been updated AGAIN and the same for today and tonight but now likely pops for tomorrow 60%, Tomorrow night and Wed 70%, and Thursday 60%.. However the zone forecast has been beefed back up to 2-3 for today and a inch tonight and another inch tomorrow.. Was 1-3. sheesh

And yeah i may have jumped the gun a little. After peeking at SPC mesoscale analysis I see the backing flow towards the wsw appears to be brief. Starting to turn back west to even slight wnw. HOPEFULLY it sticks and stays wnw.

STILL downgrades have been made.  Have lost this morning which by now everything was supposed to be ripping. Unsure if we can make it up today? Guess we will see. Good luck to all.

Big fail in SE Ottawa County also.  We were supposed to have 4" by now and we might have 2" if I slant stick it a little bit.  Our 6 - 10" has been downgraded to 2 - 4" with the zone forecast saying 3 - 6".  Maybe Blackrock cashed in, I don't know. 

Big fail in SE Ottawa County also.  We were supposed to have 4" by now and we might have 2" if I slant stick it a little bit.  Our 6 - 10" has been downgraded to 2 - 4" with the zone forecast saying 3 - 6".  Maybe Blackrock cashed in, I don't know. 

Based upon the radar all night, I am betting he will be on in full rage mode with maybe a dusting at best.

Wow, it is really snowing here. I would say well over an inch/hr.

How much did you get? I think you probably did a bit better than me in that squall. Its always interesting during lake effect situations (with bare ground) to look at area traffic cams and truly see how the amount of snow changes almost every mile.

As of 10:30am we had 0.6" of fluffy snow here, probably 0.4" of it from the squall below. Love how the dark sky looks like a summer storm before a squall hits. Just wish it was more snow!

3372-800.jpg

LOL checked radar returns still a west wind..not LES just small band of synoptic..

I was wondering why snow had fallen early today!

---

Wintry in Gaylord, MI. Looks like someone left the fountain on too long though!

current.jpg?1358796761

Looks pretty nice in Grand Rapids right now. Would think Blackrock got more then an inch.

current.jpg?1358796853

Archived