• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Lake Effect Snow Potential 1/30- 2/06

Jonger

Nice for you Southeast Michigan folk! I thought you guys would get in on some snow. It has been YOUR winter. :) Enjoy the beauty.

It seems all they have to do is fart and it snows out that way.

Blows me away that GRR has kept the warning for here. Either someone at that office is smoking some good sh*t or i am totally missing something because that radar kinda looks like crap.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems all they have to do is fart and it snows out that way.

Blows me away that GRR has kept the warning for here. Either someone at that office is smoking some good sh*t or i am totally missing something because that radar kinda looks like crap.

Lol. Yeah, on this side of the state, everything has needed to be "just right" to get snow...while over there, it has been one surprise after another. I have a hypothesis that it has some to do with the progressive jet pattern, and it pushing the moisture from the lake over in their direction.

Lol. Yeah, on this side of the state, everything has needed to be "just right" to get snow...while over there, it has been one surprise after another. I have a hypothesis that it has some to do with the progressive jet pattern, and it pushing the moisture from the lake over in their direction.

FINALLY have some very hard hitting snow..

that's the railing of my front deck. i measured 19" there.  still snowing

0856 AM     SNOW             ALBA                    45.00N 84.90W
02/01/2013  M7.5 INCH        ANTRIM             MI   SPOTTER

16 HR TOTAL THRU 9 AM. SNOWDEPTH 22 IN.

Sweet pics bo!!! Cannot WAIT to go up north in 4 weeks.

I-94 corridor from ARB to DTW really did well. Looks like a lot of areas in SE MI only have a dusting to an inch on the ground.

Grand total here was 3.0". While the measurable snow lasted from 6:30am yesterday to 1:30am this morning, most of that fell in two heavy bands, the one in the morning that dropped 1.5" in around an hour, and the one around midnight that dropped 1" in an hour. Fluffy as it is the snow is settling, but 3" of pure lake effect is VERY impressive for my area! Total liquid equiv for my 3.0" was 0.13".

3401-800.jpg

3402-800.jpg

3403-800.jpg

3404-800.jpg

Sweet pics bo!!! Cannot WAIT to go up north in 4 weeks.

I-94 corridor from ARB to DTW really did well. Looks like a lot of areas in SE MI only have a dusting to an inch on the ground.

Grand total here was 3.0". While the measurable snow lasted from 6:30am yesterday to 1:30am this morning, most of that fell in two heavy bands, the one in the morning that dropped 1.5" in around an hour, and the one around midnight that dropped 1" in an hour. Fluffy as it is the snow is settling, but 3" of pure lake effect is VERY impressive for my area! Total liquid equiv for my 3.0" was 0.13".

There were essentially 3 bands yesterday. i-94 band ARB to Wyandotte  dropped 1.5"-3" and right around dropped DTW. The second band that drilled areas along 696 and just to the north with a quick 2" of snow. Third band that sat along northern Oakland for 2-3 hrs dumped probably 1.5-3.5". Then there were the ones last night. One that hugged Northern Oakland and one that hugged 696 points south with another 0.5"-2". I think the 3 big winners was around Livonia, Oxford/Ortonville and ARB eastward. 

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/

0850 AM     SNOW             2 NNW EAST JORDAN       45.19N 85.15W
02/01/2013  M12.3 INCH       CHARLEVOIX         MI   MESONET

REPORTED AT COOP STATION EJNM4 SNOW DURATION
            24 HOURS

This co-op is about 6 miles from me.  Pretty close to what I got I think.  I was estimating 13-14" here.  That's on top of the now rock hard 8" base left by the thaw.  I'm in awe.  Living here is a dream come true for me.  I don't know how many times I sat at my 'puter starring at radars and wishing I was there. 

Tomorrow, heading up to the Soo for the i-500 snowmobile race.  should be a great drive up. It's about 100 miles.

WOW...DTW ftw again. Woke up to clear skies as you see in the pics above, and an ominous cloud now appears to my west...and look at this webcam near DTW. Its crazy how these bands STRENGTHEN as they get towards SE MI, rather than weaken. Hope it hits me!

We had some snow showers, but the heavy snow did fall apart before hitting me. Oh well win soms lose some lol.

Oxford and Holy look loke they have anywhere from 3-5" of snow depth of LES. Once again Oakland pulled the lead.

Yeah but overall Id say this event was better in Wayne county coverage-wise (for a change). Several areas of Oakland county with just a dusting on the ground, pretty much all of Wayne county has at least an inch on the ground with a solid 2-3" stripe straight through the middle.

Yeah but overall Id say this event was better in Wayne county coverage-wise (for a change). Lots of areas of Oakland county with just a dusting, Pretty much all of Wayne county has at least an inch on the ground with a solid 2-3" stripe straight through the middle.

Meh so did Oakland. Basically metro region wide it was a solid event.

Yeah but overall Id say this event was better in Wayne county coverage-wise (for a change). Several areas of Oakland county with just a dusting on the ground, pretty much all of Wayne county has at least an inch on the ground with a solid 2-3" stripe straight through the middle.

Overall true I mean central parts of Oakland around the M59 corridor did little. 

Archived