• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Lake Effect Snow Potential 1/30- 2/06

Jonger

Snow seems to be tapering off here. Looks like the band is moving south.

EC seems to think we could see more squalls tomorrow. Any merit to this?

Winds will turn SW ahead of a s/w tomorrow and that might shoot a Huron LES band northeastward across southern Ontario. It'll be quick and the band will be weakening so I doubt there'll be anything more than a coating.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like the north end of Barrie has been absolutely pounded today. That band has hardly moved since this morning! Would be nice if we could get one more band to move through my area overnight, but i guess I shouldn't be greedy! At least this snow has helped it to look like winter and should help us radiate at night once the skies clear  in the next couple of days.

Too bad we wasted alot of the day following the 2 that fell early in the am. Oh well.  It has really picked up though this evening. The radar not doing it justice. Heaviest snow i have seen this winter now falling. Up to 3" so far. Saw the warning right before i left for work and questioned it but it seems to be playing out as they said it would. I wont even attempt to make any guesses on this stuff. Just gonna sit back and enjoy letting it play out. smile.png

Oh and that sucks about that accident on 75.

There were more at eastern but not everyone survived the trip. Even still, you're missing a few from Toronto. Including the GTA, I counted 7 just off the top of my head (including myself).

Snow has started up again. Looks like a new band has set up, moving south through my area.

Yeah, I was lucky to make it over to American weather too. The end of eastern was so sudden.

Its amazing how most of the snow this winter has been because of LES, well atleast for my area. -_- What a boring WInter ugh

The heaviest band was just to the East of me :( but i still squeezed in 3.2cm lool. Looks like you got the brunt SSC ;)

I calculated just under 30% of my seasonal snowfall here to date has been because of LES. I can't imagine you're in much of a different boat. Maybe a bit of higher % given your further north location, but it's easy to forget the contribution the December storm made.

I calculated just under 30% of my seasonal snowfall here to date has been because of LES. I can't imagine you're in much of a different boat. Maybe a bit of higher % given your further north location, but it's easy to forget the contribution the December storm made.

Well besides the 7.5cm the other day and the late December snow events, most of the snow has been LES. I'd say in my area about 40-45 % of the snowfall. Majority of this Winter has featured alot of small snow events which believe it or not, is actually better than last year. More snow days this Winter so far, i believe. 

Hopefully the clipper parade is more than shown right now lol. We have quite the strong Polar Jet but a weak STJ and the clippers cant seem to grab moisture of the Gulf. Pattern may get interesting around the 15th. 

This will sound like a crazy question, but is there any chance that band affecting Barrie could sink south into the GTA overnight?

Hit and miss streamers all around the area today. No big accumulations but great to see no less.  Another one setting up running through the city of Windsor as I type.  Very rare to have such strong LES in our neck of the woods. Once again a over performing event for us. :) Close to 30 ton of salt used this season !!

Hit and miss streamers all around the area today. No big accumulations but great to see no less.  Another one setting up running through the city of Windsor as I type.  Very rare to have such strong LES in our neck of the woods. Once again a over performing event for us. :) Close to 30 ton of salt used this season !!

Yep, very intense band overhead right now. Picked up about an inch in the past hour, giving us a depth of around 2 inches and counting.

Archived