12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Lake Effect Snow Potential 1/30- 2/06

Jonger

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like it's useless asking for lake-effect scraps from this because I know it's a one-in-a-million shot. We got nada from the last LES event as well. Hamilton is an awful place to live for lake-effect pther than extremely rare NE winds. Enjoy the snow again, Toronto.

lol, snow envy of Toronto. Don't see that too often. :lol: The band will sink south and you should get into something by evening but you did screwed around a bit because the hi-res models were actually indicating this band stalling on a Goderich-Hamilton axis.

I don't think I have seen so much non-stop action for northern lakes in awhile... Could be some historic depth after a horrific start on the season.

lol

40+ inches is probably the best Paradise has seen in quite a while... Probably 2 feet+ over the next two weeks. My call was accurate.

Massive pileup on I-75 SB at Springwells involving at least 50 cars from the white out. I was driving through there as it was unfolding and there appear to be at least 3 fatalities from what I seen.

When I was driving through Lincoln Park the visibility was almost absolute zero. 2" or so of snow fell in around 20 minutes.

Massive pileup on I-75 SB at Springwells involving at least 50 cars from the white out. I was driving through there as it was unfolding and there appear to be at least 3 fatalities from what I seen.

When I was driving through Lincoln Park the visibility was almost absolute zero. 2" or so of snow fell in around 20 minutes.

At least 4 dead now. :(

This is a bad one. Its making big headlines around the region and some of the descriptions of the mass destruction are awful. This is why sometimes 1" - 3" of fluff can be the most deadly type of snow. Once again ill pass.

40" is historic depth in the UP?  Seems way low.

It will probably be in the 50's before soon.... Its very hard to go much higher, gravity prevents it. Last winter a location in the Huron Mountains hit 53 inches, that was the most observed in decades.

Sparty-

I've got a brother who is a police officer...he's said the exact same thing... The big snows (say 6 inches) are in a lot of ways better (in terms of accidents) then the smaller snows (say 1 to 3)...most of which is tied to people driving a lot slower/carefully with the more snow...  Another bad one is black ice that can occur on very cold mornings, especially on overhead passes... 

Sparty-

I've got a brother who is a police officer...he's said the exact same thing... The big snows (say 6 inches) are in a lot of ways better (in terms of accidents) then the smaller snows (say 1 to 3)...most of which is tied to people driving a lot slower/carefully with the more snow...  Another bad one is black ice that can occur on very cold mornings, especially on overhead passes... 

The rain washed the salt off and the morning commuter traffic melts the snow with friction.... Heavy commuting had come to an end and it probably refroze.

Archived