Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS 12/29/12 Event/Storm/Whatever

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp 28.4, DP 22.5, cloudy with light ENE winds.

Radar looking bad for us.

This is to be expected in this current meteorological regime, which I figure will continue to be the case all winter.

One good decision: Not gassing up the snowblower when all those 3-5" predictions were thrown out there yesterday.

My gas in there is from 2010. It was a good year for gas, slightly oaky smell to it and doesn't sting one's eyes as much when refilling the thrower.

Snirga here, would like (hope) to outdo Christmas Eve before the day is done.

My gas in there is from 2010. It was a good year for gas, slightly oaky smell to it and doesn't sting one's eyes as much when refilling the thrower.

:lmao: Very good! I was hoping to hold on to it, but I have a can of '08 that may interest you!

28/24 here now.

Well, Tony, I wish you the best snow wise (and in everything else too!). But the "best" in this pattern is going to be disappointing.

Given this year and last year, are you smelling "snow drought" (early 70's, early 90's), like I am ?

LOL at the winter storm names. To show you how much I pay attention to TWC and this stupid idea of naming storms, I don't even know what the other five were named, and I don't care what the rest of them will be named.

To stay on topic though, here in Tamaqua, the light snow from my previous observation post has completely stopped. Just overcast with the same temp of 27 degrees.

LOL at the winter storm names. To show you how much I pay attention to TWC and this stupid idea of naming storms, I don't even know what the other five were named, and I don't care what the rest of them will be named.

To stay on topic though, here in Tamaqua, the light snow from my previous observation post has completely stopped. Just overcast with the same temp of 27 degrees.

ditto for me.

I did have a few flakes for a while, but missed it. temps holding near 28 here, radar shows maybe some light snow moving in soon

Well, Tony, I wish you the best snow wise (and in everything else too!). But the "best" in this pattern is going to be disappointing.

Given this year and last year, are you smelling "snow drought" (early 70's, early 90's), like I am ?

It just seems all these events of late have been huge or nothing at all, its like we are destined for all or nothing winters and not much between.

Nothing here 32F.

Archived