12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 26th - 27th Blizzard Part 4

Powerball

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if they hadn't gone with full WS warnings, I'm really surprised EC didn't issue any Snowfall Warnings. You'd think that they'd put it out there at least to let the public know of hazardous conditions tonight. My street has 5" of snow on it, all of which has fallen since 12pm, and I can only imagine how treacherous the highways are right now.

Even if they hadn't gone with full WS warnings, I'm really surprised EC didn't issue any Snowfall Warnings. You'd think that they'd put it out there at least to let the public know of hazardous conditions tonight. My street has 5" of snow on it, all of which has fallen since 12pm, and I can only imagine how treacherous the highways are right now.

We've had some decent les today...covered the streets creating very hazardous driving...was about 4cm of snow and now the snow is heavy again and easily piling up on the streets...have a feeling people are gonna be caught off guard due to ec's lack of warnings.

I totally agree, we rarely get good synoptic storms here. We rely upon the lake for nearly 60-70% of our snow. This storms looks to be one of the best in 4-5 years. (Synoptic)

You guys should do well up in the Toronto area as well, probably 6-8 inches.

That seems to be the consensus. I'm feeling like Aleking of the east with my 3-7" call.

Snowfall warning has the same criteria as WS warning. 15cm or more in 12 hours or less. So it wasn't an option for them given how they thought the storm would play out. What we need here is an advisory tier of headlines for these moderate snowfall events.

Snowfall warning has the same criteria as WS warning. 15cm or more in 12 hours or less. So it wasn't an option for them given how they thought the storm would play out. What we need here is an advisory tier of headlines for these moderate snowfall events.

Well its been snowing for the past 6 hours in his region and has accumulated to 5", and maybe he can eek out another inch or so which would put him in the snowfall warning criteria but i agree we need advisories, clearly EC needs some improvements in the way their handle their forecasts, IMO.

The snowfall should start up very snow.

Harrisale, webcam is awesome. I'm going to be able to get some great visual info regarding bands before they move up into TO.

Thanks! My being south of you works well so you can see whats coming hah. It's my iPad and the low light sensitivity isn't the best but I tried to put it in a good spot. Started with bare streets, grass and roof so you can see the accumulation beginning.

For those interested, live stream IMBY: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/harrisale

Snow is coming down pretty well sideways here now! Great to see after a week of staring at the models :)

Snow just started here in mississauga

Snow is expanding northward at a snails pace right now. Column really taking its time to saturate. There may be some flurries right along Lk Ontario. I don't think we'll waste time once it does get started. There are some 30 dbz specks showing up over the lake that are ready to slide on up.

I'm at McCowan and Steeles in northeast Toronto, so I'm thinking the snow should start by 8:30.

Archived