Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 26th - 27th Blizzard Part 4

Powerball

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing here in Oakville, ON yet. Seems to be snowing all around us though haha... Snowhole. Things should start imminently though

Live stream IMBY: http://www.ustream.t...annel/harrisale

bI4ou.jpg

The snow has reached the 403 corridor. The stuff west and north of Toronto is virga. BTW...what site is the radar graphic from?

Haven't measured yet, but noticed a notable increase in snow depth over the last couple hours as moderate to heavy snow has been consistently falling for a while now. Probably 3-4" (drifting in spots is also noticeable, so measuring will be difficult.) My quick1" measurement from a while ago on my patio was likely too low as I wasn't being careful enough.

Nothing here in Oakville, ON yet. Seems to be snowing all around us though haha... Snowhole. Things should start imminently though

Live stream IMBY: http://www.ustream.t...annel/harrisale

bI4ou.jpg

lol. That looks like a classic representation of the Toronto climate: snow all around toronto, but nothing in Toronto itself.

Looking at webcams, it's snowing like crazy in Fort Erie and Buffalo, but not in Hamilton yet.

how much snow did you get? that dry slot got perilously close to mby, but seems to be closing up now. Snow is a little lighter now than it has been the last several hours though.

looking like about an inch...unreal...they keep saying wraparound is going to give us 4" tonight but i'm not sold...$4000 fuel bill today filling up all the trucks for notta lol...

DTX went with the under...should have gone with the over. The deformation bands set up shop a few counties north and west than they were anticipating. Oopsie. ARB was supposed to be on the northwestern periphery, instead, we're on the southeast.

Radar presentation is deteriorating rapidly as expected, as forcing is moving out of the area. Still think DTX made the right call. There might be a few lollipops over 6 or 7".

DTX went with the under...should have gone with the over. The deformation bands set up shop a few counties north and west than they were anticipating. Oopsie. ARB was supposed to be on the northwestern periphery, instead, we're on the southeast.

Wayne is doing well...but it looks like it will be a big bust for Monroe/Lenawee, particularly the southern 2/3 of those counties. looks like this storm was unpredictable all around. Never doubt Oakland county when it comes to snow though, they may beat me, but I wont care because we are certainly getting what I expected, maybe more.

Radar presentation is deteriorating rapidly as expected, as forcing is moving out of the area. Still think DTX made the right call. There might be a few lollipops over 6 or 7".

Overall, perhaps, but the lollipops aren't going to be in monroe county or hugging the eastern edge of the area as they progged. My parents in OH got a blizzard warning and I think I'm going to end up with more snow than them.

She does...and so does her boyfriend lol. It must be nice to have a significant other who likes snow as well....I would simply kill for some of my closest friends to like it. Most of them hate it and a few tolerate it :lol:

lol, good stuff.

Kind of an interesting storm. Seemed to play out as expected, for the most part, in IL and IN...underachieved in most of OH...overachieving in SE MI. Hopefully the good vibes from there translate into Ontario.

Overall, perhaps, but the lollipops aren't going to be in monroe county or hugging the eastern edge of the area as they progged. My parents in OH got a blizzard warning and I think I'm going to end up with more snow than them.

Seems much more E-W orientated than expected. Im in far eastern Wayne and I seem to be doing about as well as most (not dmcs area though)...looks like the 2nd and 3rd tier counties in SE MI will be the winners.

Archived