joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chill Storm Discussion and Obs

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS has a solid 3-4" snow stripe up the WV/VA border thru n NJ with two bullseyes to 4"+ for first wave

Tho as I noted in the other thread it also has 4-8" over NE MD by 15z tomorrow...

I dunno on the other storm... either does the GFS.

GFS has a solid 3-4" snow stripe up the WV/VA border thru n NJ with two bullseyes to 4"+ for first wave

Tho as I noted in the other thread it also has 4-8" over NE MD by 15z tomorrow...

I dunno on the other storm... either does the GFS.

Would really like to see your favorite model come on board later on. Especially the Christmas eve storm.

Would really like to see your favorite model come on board later on. Especially the Christmas eve storm.

It does seem there is some decent consensus that the mtns into the foothills can do well at least. The Euro has been pasting places not terribly far to the northwest tho the max is further northwest than this run of the GFS. We're still kinda far out though. I mean, we're pushing what's sensible more and more all the time when we track from day 14. The 500 low is pretty far north on the GFS for DC area.. tho you can get some wraparound for sure on a sys like that. Blend might shift the GFS a bit more west but who knows given all the bouncing.

Is that the New Years storm Huff? That's the one I am waiting to see.

Yeah, comes in late on the First down here-- looks to be a miller b-- reforms to my east. Decent antecedent cold air via model.

About an inch qpf most of VA or more. Per model, cold air BOOKS and you mix or rain. Weird were ROA holds on to cold air longer because they get storm first. (AKA- never happens)

Archived