Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
12/26-12/28 Potential Snow Threat

CooL

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This run looks slightly more frozen precip. It showed a little more snow at 0z though.

This just about does it for the city , coast and immediate subs . Too warm period , I dont know what u r looking at , when u say a little more frozen

its 40 when the precip starts and 3 hrs later 850`s blow up .

12z Nam is the warmest model out there. GFS and RGEM is colder.

Check out 12z GFS hr 36 850s at 0 , kool , whats not kool - east wind , so mid layers warm and its 40 at the surface for the CITY points south and east .

Look at more than the 850s brother

Check out 12z GFS hr 36 850s at 0 , kool , whats not kool - east wind , so mid layers warm and its 40 at the surface for the CITY points south and east .

Look at more than the 850s brother

i think NYC and nearby burbs start as a mix or sleet for a few hours before transitioning to rain. Might actually accumulate an inch or so because the precip will come in like a wall....but will quickly turn to all rain anyway. Similar to last night in and around the city only sleet not snow

i think NYC and nearby burbs start as a mix or sleet for a few hours before transitioning to rain. Might actually accumulate an inch or so because the precip will come in like a wall....but will quickly turn to all rain anyway. Similar to last night in and around the city only sleet not snow

I agree. I am not expecting frozen stuff here.

HUNTERDON-SOMERSET-MIDDLESEX-MERCER-WESTERN CHESTER-EASTERN CHESTER-

WESTERN MONTGOMERY-EASTERN MONTGOMERY-UPPER BUCKS-LOWER BUCKS-

940 AM EST TUE DEC 25 2012

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR CENTRAL NEW JERSEY...NORTHERN

NEW JERSEY...NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY AND SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY.

A PERIOD OF SNOW AND SLEET IS ANTICIPATED WEDNESDAY, WITH SOME

ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE. THERE IS A CHANCE FOR SOME FREEZING RAIN TO

OCCUR, WHICH WOULD RESULT IN SOME ICE ACCUMULATIONS.

HEAVY RAIN IS POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

POOR DRAINAGE FLOODING IS POSSIBLE.

IN ADDITION, EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS COULD GUST TO AROUND 40 MPH

AT TIMES WEDNESDAY EVENING.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

HUNTERDON-SOMERSET-MIDDLESEX-MERCER-WESTERN CHESTER-EASTERN CHESTER-

WESTERN MONTGOMERY-EASTERN MONTGOMERY-UPPER BUCKS-LOWER BUCKS-

940 AM EST TUE DEC 25 2012

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR CENTRAL NEW JERSEY...NORTHERN

NEW JERSEY...NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY AND SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY.

A PERIOD OF SNOW AND SLEET IS ANTICIPATED WEDNESDAY, WITH SOME

ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE. THERE IS A CHANCE FOR SOME FREEZING RAIN TO

OCCUR, WHICH WOULD RESULT IN SOME ICE ACCUMULATIONS.

HEAVY RAIN IS POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

POOR DRAINAGE FLOODING IS POSSIBLE.

IN ADDITION, EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS COULD GUST TO AROUND 40 MPH

AT TIMES WEDNESDAY EVENING.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

Perhaps an advisory will be posted later in the day for these areas.

Costal flood watch & high wind watch, what we don't need //:

Steeper low level lapse rates than last Friday's wind event here. So there is a higher probability

of wind gusts of 60 mph or greater mixing down especially from the NYC metro-Jersey Shore eastward

across LI.

unfortunately, the ukie is pretty terrible. reliable guidance points to a front end thump then change over to all kinds of frozen stuff before changing to rain. maybe if you make your way towards middletown will you have a chance at all frozen. those places tend to do well and quite often over perform in marginal events...far NW NJ does well too but this system looks like you need to be more N than W around the area to do well.

Canadian did the same as the UKMET. Basically everyone from Rt. 78 North and Rt. 287 West is now all snow on both of these models, and everyone to the east of that in Northern NJ on both the UKMET and Canadian would appear to get signficant snow as well, with about 75% of the storm as snow. Dependent on surface temps in the eastern sections. Just saw the Canadian in high resolution on Wright Weather.

Canadian did the same as the UKMET. Basically everyone from Rt. 78 North and Rt. 287 West is now all snow on both of these models, and everyone to the east of that in Northern NJ on both the UKMET and Canadian would appear to get signficant snow as well, with about 75% of the storm as snow. Dependent on surface temps in the eastern sections. Just saw the Canadian in high resolution on Wright Weather.
i really don't see a way NE NJ would see 5% of the storm as snow, let alone 75%! Would be great of course.....but at this point the models really have converged In a high confidence forecast of heavy snow to mix inland 75+ miles and a rain/sleet to rain scenario for all else with little or no accumulation

i really don't see a way NE NJ would see 5% of the storm as snow, let alone 75%! Would be great of course.....but at this point the models really have converged In a high confidence forecast of heavy snow to mix inland 75+ miles and a rain/sleet to rain scenario for all else with little or no accumulation

Northwest NJ is going to see significant snows with this system, especially at 1000'+ elevations. Surface temperatures are the main problem, and they're going to be a lot colder than NYC. I'm expecting at least 1-3" before changeover in Westchester, and they should receive quite a bit more than I. Remember...0z ECM is colder than NAM and GFS, guys.

Northwest NJ is going to see significant snows with this system, especially at 1000'+ elevations. Surface temperatures are the main problem, and they're going to be a lot colder than NYC. I'm expecting at least 1-3" before changeover in Westchester, and they should receive quite a bit more than I. Remember...0z ECM is colder than NAM and GFS, guys.

Even the 12z GFS shows significant snow for areas up here..

Archived