e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Storm Threat Dec 26-28 Period

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, now that this event is upon us, after looking over the data I can say that a bit of frozen at the start appears likely here at TTN. I could see several inches, but at this point I think the best forecast here is a coating to 2 inches, or "around an inch", on Wednesday.

Well, now that this event is upon us, after looking over the data I can say that a bit of frozen at the start appears likely here at TTN. I could see several inches, but at this point I think the best forecast here is a coating to 2 inches, or "around an inch", on Wednesday.

does mt holly not totally believe soundings from euro/gfs? show my area of northern morris getting some good front end snows but morris not mentioned at all.

does mt holly not totally believe soundings from euro/gfs? show my area of northern morris getting some good front end snows but morris not mentioned at all.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.0037087&lon=-74.34153939999999&site=all&smap=1&searchresult=Butler%2C%20NJ%2C%20USA

Looks like they expect 1-3" for you.

My best guess as of right now is a "similar" setup to last night -- front end hit tomorrow afternoon that gives the city a coating, NW burbs get an inch or two, then you change to a soaking rain with some sleet mixed in during transition. If you're below a Quakertown-Reading-Harrisburg line, you probably don't have much icing problems to deal with. Lehigh Valley gets a decent round of icy rain or sleet but ends with temperatures probably above 32 at the end but not by much.

Poconos mostly snow -- probably get a foot in some spots.

Latest Wxsim with 6z data has snow arriving around daybreak tomorrow and transitioning to snow/IP (1 to 3") followed by ZR with temps struggling to get above freezing - it looks like temps will finally do so by around 730pm tomorrow night by then 0.80" of frozen has fallen. From that point on heavy rain with up to another 1.08" of rain.

Looking ahead Snow arrives yet again on Saturday AM - this one currently shows all snow with 4 to 6" accumulating here in NW Chesco - quite the beginning to winter!

Ski areas need this then maybe another Saturday = Sunday Ski day

once the cold came in JFBB cranked the snow making up to full throttle. I expect the next storm will provide a nice top layer, maybe a bit crunchy. Sat too.

I think the Skiing Thursday through New Years will be great, with snow showers adding a pow pow in-between events.

GFS seems to be pretty consistent over the last several runs including the one coming in now...I think anything frozen that falls in the beginning will be washed away quickly with a deluge.

welcome to the ice box of bucks! I feel the same way based on the general mildness of the cold in the wake of the christmas eve wave. Think there will be 1-2" snow and only brief period of ice before rain

Should be interesting around the Reading area...think we will be on the changeover line between ice storm and rain storm

Think he is referring to the new GFS, shows some cold to begin with but quickly changes to rain for the south eastern PA area including Berks! Hope you are doing well. Lets hope this thing continues to shift to the SE... Not set in stone yet..

Archived