• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 26th - 27th Winter Storm

Powerball

Never too early to worry about that, however the shift has been SE on the gfs and euro.... as of today, my biggest worry is it ends up a coastal, crushed, or wave. Of course tomorrow it could be back to showing a 965 bomb over Madison.

All aboard the DT train. He's repeatedly said it is impossible for this storm to cut west. Will be interesting to watch the model trends. I like where we sit at this point.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All aboard the DT train. He's repeatedly said it is impossible for this storm to cut west. Will be interesting to watch the model trends. I like where we sit at this point.

00z GGEM is still on the western/central lakes bomb idea.

Definitely fun one to watch. Not often do you get people from chicago to the i-95 cities watching the same threat.

I will hold off a day or two watching this one. GFS was showing something in this time frame, back about a week ago, so, it has been showing the potential for some time. The GFS had this (I believe its from 12/10, the 12z GFS run, the 850 temp map . I had cropped this from the map, to post it somewhere else... but never did) showing a 993mb low over W. KY at 360 hours, so it was the one of the last frames of that run.

post-2790-0-77105100-1355934639_thumb.jp

I think, given 2, or 3 more days, the handle on this might be a bit better.

Indeed.

My call is for track between CLE and BUffalo NY. Not deviating from that either. Lock it in.

Full permision to bump troll this.

Sorry you're screwed, I'm going to be back in town so it'll be 50 and raining or cold and gray as it misses us to the east. Either way I'm a snow deflector so SE MI is in the clear for this one.

I would assume the snowpack has something to do with your theory, right? I know that's overrated, but that could keep this from really amping and cutting through Wisconsin or Minnesota.

I just don't think we're ready for suppression yet.. I don't see any outrageous blocking setup that a good storm can't overcome.. To the snow pack crap.. maybe if there was expansive snow to the south it could come in to play i suppose... stuff to the north, meh... if a storm wants to cut its going to cut.. How many times have we lost a foot of snowpack in 18 hrs to a cutter.

I just don't think we're ready for suppression yet.. I don't see any outrageous blocking setup that a good storm can't overcome.. To the snow pack crap.. maybe if there was expansive snow to the south it could come in to play i suppose... stuff to the north, meh... if a storm wants to cut its going to cut.. How many times have we lost a foot of snowpack in 18 hrs to a cutter.

It's way too far out to for anyone to be confident of any single solution but the arguments from some of the notorious east coast weenies (DT lol) on why this couldn't possibly cut are really weak and the snowpack talk is always the worst. Aside from a handful of southern/eastern runs yesterday, most of the guidance has been west/warm with this storm. Obviously the final track is up for grabs but we should know by this weekend who is really in the game and who is just wishcasting.

12z GFS ensembles came way west of 6z.

Archived