Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 2

IWXwx

12z euro is the lol

It's the greatest thing ever.from 192 to 216 and even a bit past that ;)

prinsburg says I get 30 hours of snow.

In reality, I'm totally going to get dryslotted with occasional drizzle and temps hanging around 35-38 as is passes directly over me.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely will do me no good for snowfall IMBY, but clearly the pattern has changed to a more active one. Good to see, as at least some will be enjoying bouts of wintry weather in the next week or two.

Ah yes, finally coming on board the bandwagon? ;)

That storm in the extended looks interesting...I actually have some hope.

I'd sell my soul for that NW flow.... the snowbelts are going to be buried before Jan 1st... Way better than last year.

Jon

Will it verify? No. But the 12z gfs verbatum is INSANE. It has thickness of 485 on New years day in the UP, along with snow and surface temps well below zero. Too cold to snow? Pshh...not in gfs land!

If there is such a thing as agreement at 240 hours out...the 12z GFS and Euro are fairly close to each other really. Some pretty dynamic solutions.

Last nights 00z GEM had a big storm as well, heavy snow for me (northern extent) and you (southern extent). Details? LOL not for another week+. But the agreement on a storm is there...which means a whole lot of highs and lows coming to this board after the Thur/Fri storm passes. DT thinks this is going south and will be a midatlantic snowstorm, a past run of the GFS had it cutting to about MSP...so yeah...the door is pretty wide open at this point.

I'm seriously giggling with joy at the hints of hope in all your posts. I'll take the cold up here, we need solid frozen lakes for ice fishing. After the brutality of heat everyone has suffered in the lower Midwest and Ohio Valley... I can't wait to see the pics. Maybe even real tears on Chicagowx's face when he's got 2 feet on the ground with 50mph winds ripping.

CPC getting on board too... when was the last time we saw an 8-14 with no orange or red in the heartland? Look at the cold slowly oozing east and letting up in Alaska.post-1834-0-59926300-1355788948_thumb.gi

Archived