joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moving Through December - Changing Patterns and Changing Diapers

ChrisM

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely nothing has changed, mid month the chances come, this ice storm threat is/was a shot in the dark and probably distant interior event. The likelyhood it could cut west has always been on the table.

Steady as she goes, winter threats should materialize for the north country by the 12-14 and later down stream as we approach the 20th or so, perhaps a bit earlier. Early November snow makes the weenies antsy. Until then enjoy the torch!

With the NAO negative and the cold high to our north the 12/10 system is not going to be rain and mild. Lock that up

That event can easily be a cutter as we discussed yesterday. It could end up being colder too. Last night's runs preferred the cutter idea. I remember people said on Dec 12-13, 2010 that we couldn't get a cutter because we had a raging -NAO...

121221.gif

A lot of misinformed people were skydiving with no parachutes after that one.

The ensembles are trying to build part o the PV into SE Canada in the long range which would be a very nice look for us. Whether the 12/11 storm ends up wintry or not, nothing really changes about our thoughts for mid-month. A cutter might actually help build the -NAO westward the ensembles are progging to do.

Why folks give a wet weenie what happens during the first 2 weeks of Dec is beyond me.....the pattern getting delayed means xmas won't blow...like it seemingly does every season.

Yup...

And... I can't see how there is going to be a shortage of winter storms out east this yr.. I'm afraid I'll be getting more of my joy of winter weather tracking in this sub-forum than back in the MW..

That event can easily be a cutter as we discussed yesterday. It could end up being colder too. Last night's runs preferred the cutter idea. I remember people said on Dec 12-13, 2010 that we couldn't get a cutter because we had a raging -NAO...

121221.gif

A lot of misinformed people were skydiving with no parachutes after that one.

The ensembles are trying to build part o the PV into SE Canada in the long range which would be a very nice look for us. Whether the 12/11 storm ends up wintry or not, nothing really changes about our thoughts for mid-month. A cutter might actually help build the -NAO westward the ensembles are progging to do.

if by "people" you mean Kevin, then I agree.

I will Robert! Still finishing last cuts, and garden breakdowns.......what a pleasure to work in shorts in December.

Hard to get in the Christmas decorating spirit when it's warm out. Heard "around 65" for tomorrow on the radio this morning. Seems a little warm, though perhaps it'll get close in the city and Jersey.

Archived