• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Is it really looking like Christmas?

Euro operational has come noticeably east tonight for the post X-mas storm. Still runs up west of us but now runs the low up the left side of the Apps thru the middle of Ohio and into Ontario. Does seem to try have a bit of a secondary, but the primary stays dominant and secondary pretty far in. Makes for a scenario similar to what we have coming up Thurs night. Speaking of which, might have to consider that a good part of C-pa could have a more meaningful changeover after the sharp frontal passage (ie a couple inches of wet snow). Pretty much everything tries to hold some QPF back in the cold.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its snowing here :snowing:

Flurries here early this am.

Euro operational has come noticeably east tonight for the post X-mas storm. Still runs up west of us but now runs the low up the left side of the Apps thru the middle of Ohio and into Ontario. Does seem to try have a bit of a secondary, but the primary stays dominant and secondary pretty far in. Makes for a scenario similar to what we have coming up Thurs night. Speaking of which, might have to consider that a good part of C-pa could have a more meaningful changeover after the sharp frontal passage (ie a couple inches of wet snow). Pretty much everything tries to hold some QPF back in the cold.

That weak thing around Xmas...does that have any bearing on what we get later? As in, if it is stronger and west, would it be affect the post-Xmas storm?

So, about this event due up in a couple days: I'm traveling via bus Friday morning from U-Park back to Wilkes-Barre. Should I be worried about weather altering the trip?

Probably not too bad. I'd be more worried if you were heading to Pittsburgh.

No idea what happens with the changeover Thur night, though. Models keep showing like 1-2 or so from that.

Have you noticed how this year and last have featured a tropical cyclone making landfall in the MA/NE, then we get back to back mild and relatively snowless winters? I wonder if the is a correlation.

Hard to say....85-86 was an okay winter after Gloria, but then there's Bob in 1991. Do you count Isabel as a Mid-Atlantic hit? That was 2003 and that winter rocked it up here. Not sure what 60-61 was like after Donna, but didn't the 1954-55 winter suck after Carol and Edna?

Of course, we do have a ways to go for this one...

Hard to say....85-86 was an okay winter after Gloria, but then there's Bob in 1991. Do you count Isabel as a Mid-Atlantic hit? That was 2003 and that winter rocked it up here. Not sure what 60-61 was like after Donna, but didn't the 1954-55 winter suck after Carol and Edna?

Of course, we do have a ways to go for this one...

True. I didn't consider a more expanded historical perspective.

Sooo... have you just conceded that this winter is done?

Yes, I wrote this winter off at the start of the month. The cherry trees are starting to blossom at my work already.

Ahah eastern's gonna love this, winter storm watches issued in NWS Pit's CWA for their northern tier counties.

post-1507-0-78360800-1355949466_thumb.pn

I wonder why it's not a Lake Effect Snow Watch.

I wonder why it's not a Lake Effect Snow Watch.

That's a good question. Could be an impact thing since it's pretty likely that it's probably going to be more of a lake enhanced snow shield for awhile on the backside of this system and thus you have more of a widespread possible verification of warning amounts vs being in the right place for a band to set up. Interesting.

That's a good question. Could be an impact thing since it's pretty likely that it's probably going to be more of a lake enhanced snow shield for awhile on the backside of this system and thus you have more of a widespread possible verification of warning amounts vs being in the right place for a band to set up. Interesting.

Could we really get 3-4 out of this? Not sure about that one.

Archived