• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Sandy Obs

New 00z NAM has 3-6 hours of wind gusts over 60mph for WNY. You can bet with the saturated ground (1.5" already, 2-4" additional) that will do lots of damage considering those winds will be from the north, which trees are not used to at all (used to a prevailing SW high wind). Think of the trees like your finger, your finger is used to bending one way without damage but you bend it opposite (back) and it breaks. Oh boy, fun times ahead, and i have a gut feeling this will be an overachiever.

Wow, getting out of class tonight at 9 pm is going to be interesting, with the latest HRRR showing 10 m wind gusts 60-70 kts.

Well, SUNY Oswego canceled evening classes and classes through noon tomorrow, the first time since 2008 I believe.

Getting a little windier here, still not too bad with a gust at 33 mph a few minutes ago. This is a link to our surface station here on campus which should get pretty interesting later http://www.oswego.edu/met_class/tower/index.html.

I must say that I'm happy it didn't rain a ton. I'll take 2" over 4-6" anyday. Gusts in ROC aren't too bad away from the lake, but on the lake they're in the 60s...some reports of 70+. They're actually evacuating 2,200 homes along the lakeshore in Monroe county.

Archived