joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2012-13

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, I've dropped from like 70th to like 300th in the past two days. :(

Well the bump up in wind on the final climate report helped me a little.

251st place. -1.0 ...

EDIT: If I was right (instead of horribly, horribly wrong) on day 8, I would have gone up to 11th place. So even by day 8, there was a lot of movement potential at this city.

52/35/12/0

Working without trusty bufkit tonight, mos guidance has winds in the under 10 kts, I know better. Looking at the distribution now I wish I had gone a tad higher. For this city I'm just trying to keep my head above water, past years in these types of cities I have fallen hard by taking chances. So, with that said...

F*ck precip :devilsmiley:

Boy. Just think about it.......imagine living next to the time zone line. What must it be like? To be in your town and have it be 1 pm, then drive 5 mins west and it is 1205 pm. Like going back in time.

:lol: Try working along the timezone line! Georgia is Eastern while Alabama is Central. I work, literally, 1.5 miles from the dividing line... It's a pain during severe weather! haha

Oh, and Pensacola is more than 15 miles from the timezone line... The dividing line is near Apalachicola, over 150 miles from Pcola. ;)

I'm going to assume that WxChallenge has made the error and not the sensor this time, right?

Pensacola always had odd rain gauge readings.

Yeah, the wxchallenge script reads off of the hourly metars only. It does not recognize the 6 hourly metar summary. So according to that, the precip was 0.04 and the low was 35.

Snet form a deivce that cannot speel.

Archived