joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2012-13

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job!

Had a 4 point day myself. Not too terrible, especially compared to national consensus. Looks like I'm in 17th place. And only 2.7 points separates me from my friend B. Yehl in first place.

You're jthyde, right? 55th place, not too shabby!

Yep that's me. It's nice when you can play with the Alumni at your school :P We're trying to beef up our forecasting team to compete with you PSU guys :lol:

Persistence (at 1719) is doing worse than Climo (at 1616). Really says something about the volatility of these western cities.

Meanwhile, if I hadn't screwed the pooch on the low (I went 38) I wouldn't actually had a pretty good day with that 22-knot wind on the Climo report.

There were a lot of times last year where the "6z on the following night" low underachieved a bit. Additionally, the airmass behind the front isn't all THAT cold, and it'll be quite windy. That's why I went with 46 as my low.

This. And...

61/42/34/0.14

Whats with everyone 65 plus on the high? I know mos is like 66/67 but all I looked at was at max 64.

Snet form a deivce that cannot speel.

This.

61/42/34/0.14

Whats with everyone 65 plus on the high? I know mos is like 6667 but all I looked at was at max 64.

Snet form a deivce that cannot speel.

The high temp forecast was the toughest part for me. But I went 65 because I'm not sure it will be completely overcast all day; that combined with a prefrontal airmass made me go 65. Could have easily gone a couple of degrees lower, though.

My [former] professor went with a high of 67. That surprised me a bit.

The high temp forecast was the toughest part for me. But I went 65 because I'm not sure it will be completely overcast all day; that combined with a prefrontal airmass made me go 65. Could have easily gone a couple of degrees lower, though.

My [former] professor went with a high of 67. That surprised me a bit.

Wasn't a perfectly sunny, high-pressure mixing up to 700mb argument something like 68F? Seems like with advection (even if it's not impressive) and clouds/precip during the day, it's hard to argue anywhere near that. There might be a little something to say about downsloping tomorrow, but 67F seems unreasonable, and 65F even seems too high, I think.

Well I was like 8 too high day 3 last week..so yeah lol.

Too bad they wouldn't cancel out, huh? ;)

Archived