Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
WxChallenge 2012-13

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't look good for me, the high is gonna knock me out if stays in the 50s, which it looks like it will.

Also wondering why yesterday's precip is not 0.02?

They'll update yesterday's precip.

Actually yesterday's low of 43 and precip of 0.02 is going to help knock me out as well. The low high today is going to kill me, but if yesterday was 44 and 0.00", all I would have needed was a decent wind/precip to overcome it. Now I'm going to need wind at 27kts AND precip above about 0.93" in order to stay in the game. That's just unlikely.

So... I'm out after today. 'twas fun while it lasted, I suppose. :P

They'll update yesterday's precip.

Actually yesterday's low of 43 and precip of 0.02 is going to help knock me out as well. The low high today is going to kill me, but if yesterday was 44 and 0.00", all I would have needed was a decent wind/precip to overcome it. Now I'm going to need wind at 27kts AND precip above about 0.93" in order to stay in the game. That's just unlikely.

So... I'm out after today. 'twas fun while it lasted, I suppose. :P

Yea kinda sucks to end that way on such a hard forecast and being 18 degrees too warm on the high.

Yea kinda sucks to end that way on such a hard forecast and being 18 degrees too warm on the high.

Yep. Days like this make sense during the actual competition, but since the tourney is only two-days per round, it's tough when such a crapshoot day crops up and weeds out good and bad forecasters alike. I could have told you yesterday that it would either be 50F- or 70F+ today. I just chose the wrong side.

Oh well, on to next year! :)

Archived