Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2012-13

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

69/38/10/0 for tomorrow, but ya, I'm worried about that low right now.

EDIT: Just realized a trophy in this city hinges entirely on the low for me. If it's 38 or lower, I get a trophy. If it's 39 or higher, I don't (39F or 40F would give my classmate Kyle a trophy instead, though... if it's 41F or higher, someone from Plymouth earns it. The first grad trophy is already locked down). Tomorrow morning is going to be a nail-biter for me!

69/38/10/0 for tomorrow, but ya, I'm worried about that low right now.

EDIT: Just realized a trophy in this city hinges entirely on the low for me. If it's 38 or lower, I get a trophy. If it's 39 or higher, I don't (39F or 40F would give my classmate Kyle a trophy instead, though... if it's 41F or higher, someone from Plymouth earns it. The first grad trophy is already locked down). Tomorrow morning is going to be a nail-biter for me!

What if the winds for day 6 somehow are changed to 20 knots or more?

No offense to you guys but I hope you are terribly wrong.  

And now I am questioning what I was looking at but I went 50,36,17,.5 for tomorrow.

Gonna be tough on the high, low, and wind for you. :P

Also there hasn't been any rain today?

Just got their first 0.01", but the precip was supposed to be at the end of the period, so it's not a surprise yet. I'm hoping for only another 0.20" through 06z myself, though. :P

Looks like a lot of busted forecasts for tomorrow. Based on the current radar I can't see them getting more than a couple tenths at best after 06z. I have 0.48" myself. :facepalm:

Lesson# 26: Don't extrapolate radar for use of a forecast beyond ~1-2 hrs.

That being said, the 15z SREFs had only a 15% chance of greater than 1" after 6z.

Archived