Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2012-13

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought the GFS for the low and I pay dearly.

Yeah don't go against the cold guidance here. AUS has a weird micro-climate of radiating extremely efficiently. Luckily I knew this before-hand because I had no life and practiced forecasting for them a few times before the contest started. Anyway, looks like they need to fix Day 2 even though it's finalized. The low should be 30 I believe.

Yeah don't go against the cold guidance here. AUS has a weird micro-climate of radiating extremely efficiently. Luckily I knew this before-hand because I had no life and practiced forecasting for them a few times before the contest started. Anyway, looks like they need to fix Day 2 even though it's finalized. The low should be 30 I believe.

And the wind should be 21kts, not 0kts. :P

Took a hit today going with 69/39/13/0. Thought kaus was going to stay warmer in the overnight because of the clouds in the area. I also question the low of 35 because the meteogram has the 12z fri observed temp for kaus as 38.

Well they got down to 45 anyway. <_<

Thankfully... I needed that. :P

I have no idea how, though. Their lowest obs so far has been 49F, and their drop has been steady with the winds. This isn't a radiational cooling night. Seems very fishy. But then so do a lot of the obs that come out of Austin, it seems.

Archived