12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
WxChallenge 2012-13

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went with 56/43/14/0.10

If a miracle happens and I end up being right, I move from about 570th place to about 30th place. Of course, given my track record so far in KAST, I'd put the chances of that happening at something like 0.01%.

Sure enough, the opposite is happening. KAST will most certainly be my dropped city now.

From the wxchallenge facebook page:

"The WxChallenge data ingest snuck out to the bar tonight for drinks with the NAM, GFS, and that eccentric ECMWF. (HRRR was the designated driver.) It is being reprimanded for leaving everyone without up-to-the-hour results. I will manual update periodically until it sobers up and gets back to work. (You may actual see results go backwards in time periodically, so please be patient.) Until then, feel free to utilize the hypothetical verification tool."

~Snet form a deivce that cannot speel.

Well now that I'm somewhere around 850th place, I finally have a good forecasting day. :lol:

I'm confused. Looking at the 3 day weather history from the NWS there is an observation of 46.........but the climo report says the min was 47.

It was a special obs. Those only have temperatures to the nearest degree celsius. So those "46"s in the special obs were actually 47s.

I was at 56/39/9/0.08 yesterday, which moved me from 872nd place (+4.67 departure >_< ) to 520th place (+2.51 departure).

I'm 56/36/10/0 for today. With the low of 35F, as long as the wind gets to at least 9kts and the temperature gets to at least 55F, I'm back up near national consensus at 309th place. If it somehow magically manages to find 56F and 10kts, I'm all the way up to 163rd place (with a -1.20 departure). Kinda shocked by this two-day recovery.

This city is really starting to get on my nerves. I make what I feel is a good forecast. And I still drop spots. I correctly predict that it will rain yesterday. And I lose spots. While people who did not forecast rain increase in the standings. Feel like not enough weight is placed on correctly predicting precipitation.

Archived