• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
WxChallenge 2012-13

That was my logic as well. The downsloping certainly worked out today with a high of 65.

I'm kind of regretting not being more aggressive than 39 knots with the winds for tomorrow. I was thinking of going 40+, but I chickened out.

Completely understandable to not want to forecast sustained winds of over 40 knots outside of a well developed synoptic system.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course, the 6z low ended up being 46. So annoying that people who went colder were right for the wrong reason since no one forecast the morning low being 44. Meh. At least my 65/46 (6z 46) ended up being correct, but the error points won't reflect that.

Psshhh. I went 45. Sure I thought it would be a 6z low, but I would have gotten the same score either way.

We'll be downsloping so I think NAM guidance will bust low (its going 50)...GFS will bust high probably with ongoing CAA. Maybe 53-55?

51-53. :P

Downsloping can't give a better than dry adiabatic sounding. Dry adiabatic from ~700mb only supports 51-53... at least, based on last night's models (plus a degree or so for bad model initialization).

51-53. :P

Downsloping can't give a better than dry adiabatic sounding. Dry adiabatic from ~700mb only supports 51-53... at least, based on last night's models (plus a degree or so for bad model initialization).

Weeeelllp..it's already 51F. I'd imagine the 700 mb temps. are a little warmer than forecasted.

:thumbsup: yep that'll put me in 16th place

We've decoupled, so maybe my 34 isn't completely impossible. This is what I expected tonight, so maybe even though my high/wind ideas were way off during the day, at least I forecasted tonight well enough.

If it's 34 by 06z, I'm still 10th place.

For tomorrow, I'm 56/31/15/0... though I'm a little afraid my high temperature is too low and my wind is too high. And maybe my low is too high.

I'm having the exact opposite problem. I am kicking the winds ass. Total error for the 2 weeks is 6.0 for wind. High temps are killing me.

I was doing well enough with the wind until yesterday. Yesterday and today alone are going to give me 8.5 points on the wind. In the previous five days, I only had 3.0 points total.

But the wind also killed me with the lows yesterday and today. :(

Archived