Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
WxChallenge 2012-13

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just called into the ASOS Number for kicks... Temp is up to 54 with winds around 5 kts.

Hope your right, I put down 58!

Now that is dedication!

This week has been mediocre for me, have been slowly sliding back. A high of 57 would be nice, it might get to 58-59 though.

Now that is dedication!

This week has been mediocre for me, have been slowly sliding back. A high of 57 would be nice, it might get to 58-59 though.

The first five days of the contest were awesome to me. Worked my way up to 9th place.

Dropped down to 35th place yesterday. After today, I'll conservatively be in 48th place (if wind is only 22kts and temperature holds at 56, I could only drop to 39th instead)... So these past two days have been a b**ch for me. But I'm looking forward to gaining back a little bit of ground tomorrow. :lol:

The first five days of the contest were awesome to me. Worked my way up to 9th place.

Dropped down to 35th place yesterday. After today, I'll conservatively be in 48th place (if wind is only 22kts and temperature holds at 56, I could only drop to 39th instead)... So these past two days have been a b**ch for me. But I'm looking forward to gaining back a little bit of ground tomorrow. :lol:

That's still a nice finish, although the consensus scores are not as low as they were a few days ago. A solid -4 or so is still nice. The warm weather today might be enough to get me back into the top 100. Sure beats my 500th place finish in Pensacola.

Tomorrow is one of those days that the clouds (or lack thereof) will probably bust my forecast.

70/43/24/0

The gap flow is going to keep the low higher tonight. Just like on 10/10 (last Wednesday). I was right about it then, and I'm right about it this time. ;)

Besides precip, the low is where I'm doing my best. Technically I have 0.5 points more on the low than on wind, but that means I've almost been off by twice as many knots as degrees for the low. I have an average error on the low of 1.7°F...

70/43/24/0

The gap flow is going to keep the low higher tonight. Just like on 10/10 (last Wednesday). I was right about it then, and I'm right about it this time. ;)

Besides precip, the low is where I'm doing my best. Technically I have 0.5 points more on the low than on wind, but that means I've almost been off by twice as many knots as degrees for the low. I have an average error on the low of 1.7°F...

It's 45.... : O

It's 45.... : O

Not anymore. ;)

I went 69/38/23/0

Was afraid to go 70 with all those high clouds around tomorrow. The temp is back up to 49 now, should be an interesting night.

The only thing that scares me is that Wunderground's map has almost no support for the 49F, so I have a feeling that's coming way down again at 11PM. But I think the winds are just starting to kick up, so by midnight we should have enough to keep the temperature right near 43F. The winds only pick up from there, so we'll be steady at 43F or even slowly coming up from there.

Not anymore. ;)

The only thing that scares me is that Wunderground's map has almost no support for the 49F, so I have a feeling that's coming way down again at 11PM. But I think the winds are just starting to kick up, so by midnight we should have enough to keep the temperature right near 43F. The winds only pick up from there, so we'll be steady at 43F or even slowly coming up from there.

Lol, I didn't see that 4-degree jump coming. What a strange place Billings is..guess they won't be decoupling tonight.

I'm not that familiar with mountain forecasting. I saw low dew points and clear skies and figured the temp would drop, despite the winds. How do you know when the gap wind is going to kick in? Is it common in Billings when there is warm advection from the southwest?

I'm not that familiar with mountain forecasting. I saw low dew points and clear skies and figured the temp would drop, despite the winds. How do you know when the gap wind is going to kick in? Is it common in Billings when there is warm advection from the southwest?

All the high-res models had it...

But if you don't want to go off those, you can just look for a pressure gradient between north-central Wyoming and east-central Montana.

Tied for first in the country for the category of winds at the moment. Hourly observations have the wind at 19. Gusts were up to 28. So wind likely to finish in the 23-25 range.......rooting for 23. Would be pretty cool to say that I was the most accurate wind forecaster in a very windy place.

Yesterday and Wednesday destroyed any hopes I might have had for that title. Haha.

Archived