Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
WxChallenge 2012-13

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gven how much temps over-performed out here today (70 at ORD, and that's not even the final number yet!), I went a bit ballsy for tomorrow with 70/45/20/0.45"

The real question is does the daily min occur right after 6z tonight or right before 6z tomorrow? Given that they were already down to 40 at 0z (18z NAM had them at 49 for 0z), my guess is that we end up lower than expected tonight, and not as cool as expected tomorrow night. But we'll see.

Tonight's forecast is an interesting one huh? When does the front go through? What is the temperature at 6Z?

Yeah, I'm really unsure myself. And how quickly does the temperature drop? MOS was way too cool today and I feel like the MOS is "catching up" to latest OBS, but once the front goes through, does it really matter that MOS is clearly lagging behind the warmth?

Yeah, I'm really unsure myself. And how quickly does the temperature drop? MOS was way too cool today and I feel like the MOS is "catching up" to latest OBS, but once the front goes through, does it really matter that MOS is clearly lagging behind the warmth?

The MOS is weighted towards climatology so that was probably why it under-forecast today's high.

Kinda scared about the low tomorrow, but I went high, too.

39/27/11/0

RAP/HRRR indicating a low-level cloud deck sticking around until at least 10z (and holding true so far, still overcast and 30 F at 5 z), combined with this city's tendency (except for one day) to bust high on lows, made me go with 27. Seeing the consensus at 23 certainly scared me though.

Archived