Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2012-13

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're at 81 thus far..I'm guessing they will top out at 82 on the climo report. I had 81 so hoping it stalls there. Wind is just killing me though. Overshooting it like crazy, they are not a very windy spot I guess. Strange seeing the USL struggle this much and the NAM just killing it especially on the low :lol:

Boy they did not get nearly as much rain as I thought they might. Went with .25" for yesterday.  Seriously considered going 0 and gambling on it.  O well.  

Fell to 205 after yesterday.  Back up to 137 after this morning.  Need to improve a little bit.  Flirting with the Tourney right now.  Getting in as a WC.

WTF how did they only manage 17kts yesterday? That puts a big wrinkle in my "trophy" plans. :(

EDIT: Highly suspicious of the winds in that daily climate report. You mean to tell me that the highest wind and the highest gust yesterday both just so happened to occur on an hourly obs?

Dude, I feel the same way about the winds yesterday. I had 21 knots and was like booyah when I saw peak winds of 28 knots back to back hours. I'm emailing the NWS LA/Oxnard to get answers lol. Might just message them on facebook instead.

Dude, I feel the same way about the winds yesterday. I had 21 knots and was like booyah when I saw peak winds of 28 knots back to back hours. I'm emailing the NWS LA/Oxnard to get answers lol. Might just message them on facebook instead.

Probably a good idea. I'm suspicious that because of their problems they've been having to do the daily climate reports manually, and maybe they got an intern who doesn't know any better to fill it out, and they thought the hourly obs was good enough.

Probably a good idea. I'm suspicious that because of their problems they've been having to do the daily climate reports manually, and maybe they got an intern who doesn't know any better to fill it out, and they thought the hourly obs was good enough.

I just checked the climate reports for all their stations they do them for and there are a lot of 20mph sustained 32mph gust in them lol. How is that even geographically possible for over 50% of their zone to have the same kind of winds when the geography changes pretty quickly over southern California. It all smells suspicious. 

Archived