Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2012-13

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hourly observations of 6..........6 hourly low of -2?  That doesn't seem right?  Dew point also never went below 0 that I can see.

It has happened there before, though (see the morning of March 7th, a low of -7F with the lowest hourly of -2F, and a low of -8F with the lowest hourly of 0F and a lowest dewpoint of -3F). Moreover, sites around Duluth were close to 0F this morning, so the 6/7F obs were actually the outliers.

Of course, I'm arguing all this because I had a low of -2F for them this morning. :P

It has happened there before, though (see the morning of March 7th, a low of -7F with the lowest hourly of -2F, and a low of -8F with the lowest hourly of 0F and a lowest dewpoint of -3F). Moreover, sites around Duluth were close to 0F this morning, so the 6/7F obs were actually the outliers.

Of course, I'm arguing all this because I had a low of -2F for them this morning. :P

You went Euro then, it had a low of -2 and a high of 29.

Mesowest has the low at 6 and the NWS had the low at 6 at 6:55 AM. Sunrise is at 7:05. Most other stations recorded their low at 7:10-7:15. The temperature only had about 20 minutes to drop 8 degrees. I know it's possible but I find it highly unlikely.

One of our forecasters would be ranked #1 overall if the low is 6, so this is really important. Otherwise she drops all the way to 8th. We've never had anyone win a trophy so this is a really big deal!!!!

Edit: Climo says the low was at 6:19 AM. Interesting...

I think I'm shocked 19/34 psu students went 0F or lower since that was not the case day 7 and the also same deal for the day 8 high with 20 out of 34 psu students going 34/35 which again wasn't the case with the day 7 high which was 30F today. And it's definitely ballsy to go lower than -2F for day 8 when the 12z euro had around 3F and it has been pretty damn accurate in Duluth. If the low is -2F or higher I will win. Fingers crossed.

I think I'm shocked 19/34 psu students went 0F or lower since that was not the case day 7 and the also same deal for the day 8 high with 20 out of 34 psu students going 34/35 which again wasn't the case with the day 7 high which was 30F today. And it's definitely ballsy to go lower than -2F for day 8 when the 12z euro had around 3F and it has been pretty damn accurate in Duluth. If the low is -2F or higher I will win. Fingers crossed.

I'm at 34/-4/9/0 for tomorrow. Clear (except perhaps for some high, thin clouds) and calm. We've seen it before in Duluth, and even the Euro busts too high (see Mar 7th and Mar 17th).

I'm at 34/-4/9/0 for tomorrow. Clear (except perhaps for some high, thin clouds) and calm. We've seen it before in Duluth, and even the Euro busts too high (see Mar 7th and Mar 17th).

Mar 17th it was off by at most 5F so that gets you to -2F for a low tomorrow. I have a hard time believing it will be lower than -2F with the dewpoint way higher than last night at this time yesterday. PWATs are also not much different from last night. I will give you a nice congrats if it drops to -3F though lol

Mar 17th it was off by at most 5F so that gets you to -2F for a low tomorrow. I have a hard time believing it will be lower than -2F with the dewpoint way higher than last night at this time yesterday. PWATs are also not much different from last night. I will give you a nice congrats if it drops to -3F though lol

We've seen that dewpoints don't matter in this city, though. :P

It is going to be tough for Duluth to fall all the way to -4F, though. I think -2F is more likely. I certainly wouldn't mind -2F, as it would put me high enough to win a trophy in this city. ^_^

We've seen that dewpoints don't matter in this city, though. :P

It is going to be tough for Duluth to fall all the way to -4F, though. I think -2F is more likely. I certainly wouldn't mind -2F, as it would put me high enough to win a trophy in this city. ^_^

:lol: not looking so good anymore. :P

Alright that Day 7 low is going to piss me off!!!! If it was 6 like it probably should be then I would have had a 4 point day.  And now today I miss the low by 1 (said 9).  This is frustrating.  It's a difference of 275 spots for me.

I think the 18z metar will come in with at least 6F for a low report. Stations close by were 2.2F and 6.1F so who knows lol

One more day in Des Moines.... can I hold onto number 1 in the city? This last day could be tricky, I'm not confident I can keep my lead!

If the high is below 66F and the winds are 23kts or higher, I have no. 1 locked in Des Moines. Of course, the wind is the big question. I can keep no. 1 without the wind being that high, but it requires me to get the high/low right, too. If the high is 63F+ and the wind is 22kts+, I think I also have it locked. So, I have to hope for high winds and a high high temperature tomorrow.

EDIT: No, wait. Actually if the low is exactly 35F, I am guaranteed first place. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Archived