• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
September banter/boredom thread

CoastalWx

I would bet though if you just forecast likely POPs everyday day in Dec and Jan you'd come out to being pretty close to correct by the number of days with at least flakes in the air.

I think this is poorly forecast many times. From my own experience even in SW NH skiing I see those upslope SHSN all day when the forecast calls for 0-10 PoP.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro ensembles are hinting at a torch to start October...though the progression of it looks like there could be a flip back to colder weather near mid-month.

They were stronger with the trough out west on this run. But, you can see the shuffling around a bit too in your last sentence. The weeklies FWIW were a little above week 3 and then near and perhaps a bit below week 4. No real signs of the AK vortex returning either which is good I suppose.

They were stronger with the trough out west on this run. But, you can see the shuffling around a bit too in your last sentence. The weeklies FWIW were a little above week 3 and then near and perhaps a bit below week 4. No real signs of the AK vortex returning either which is good I suppose.

Yeah they were reloading the pattern at the very end with a nice broad low height area setting up SW of the Aleutians....so probably if they had gone out a little further, it would translate to another round of troughiness over the east.

Before that, we get a transient GOA low that seems to break down the western ridge a bit.

Yeah they were reloading the pattern at the very end with a nice broad low height area setting up SW of the Aleutians....so probably if they had gone out a little further, it would translate to another round of troughiness over the east.

Before that, we get a transient GOA low that seems to break down the western ridge a bit.

The ensembles were doing that or the weeklies?

Done... I do need to reschedule something, though. But I can do it.

I get $10 off for being a teacher. So I will buy you a beverage

A client of ours (jet blue) is doing a presentation so I'm going for that purpose, but hope to talk to you and others as well. I mean it's 15 min from home so can't complain.

Archived