12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 18-20 Talking Points - Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think eastern parts of SNE are really going to cash in on this one. It feels like a late developing Miller B is in the works here and pretty much everybody south of NYC is going to be screwed. Looking at the GFS runs that were hits and the precip profiles you can see this. They will exact their revenge for what happened in February of this year.

I think eastern parts of SNE are really going to cash in on this one. It feels like a late developing Miller B is in the works here and pretty much everybody south of NYC is going to be screwed. Looking at the GFS runs that were hits and the precip profiles you can see this. They will exact their revenge for what happened in February of this year.

This is very plainly a Miller A... I have no idea what maps you're looking at, but there isn't an area of LP that redevelops off the NE coast, the system comes straight out of the Gulf.

He said 'it feels like a miller b' not that it is one. Meaning one of those that develops too late for areas south of NYC but manages to blast new england.

This is very plainly a Miller A... I have no idea what maps you're looking at, but there isn't an area of LP that redevelops off the NE coast, the system comes straight out of the Gulf.

Let me be clear......I never said it was a Miller B but the results to me end up looking like one. The whole system is coming together too late to help out anybody meaningfully south of NYC but with the huge block in place the entire systems swings west late in the game to whack SNE. That is how I think it will end up playing out.

At the very best, if you ask me. The DGEX will give us more insight, but I think it will end up east of the GFS and further east than the left side of the model envelope. It's just a little too late.

John, does the DGEX show the storm retrograding in the later panels and slamming us?  Crazy wild solution!

Jeez its still 4 days or so out and people are already giving up? This storm still has a chance to surprise us in many ways. As eluded to before the euro has a tendency to hold back shortwaves too long and to add on to that the players or all of them aren't even on the field yet

Yes but this is not the time you want to loose your star player...without the GFS on board their really is not a lot of support. I'm not saying its time to give up but its definitly looking like a dissapointing run.

Well I'm being a bit premature, but the main differences are what goes on from 0 to 48 hours...that's what's causing the divergence in the models. This is why I'm concerned.

I think your reasoning is sound but I wouldnt base your conclusion on the 18z GFS -May be better served to until Oz tonight.

Rossi

Yes but this is not the time you want to loose your star player...without the GFS on board their really is not a lot of support. I'm not saying its time to give up but its definitly looking like a dissapointing run.

I agree with that but I mean there have been instances where establised trends later. I won't throw in the towel till the main feature is on the continental u.s. so there would be pretty good sampling data presented to the models

Archived