Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 13-16 OV Rain Event

snowlover2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw some nice towers going up to the east on my drive home about 30 minutes ago. Just looked at the radar and sure enough, some nice returns to the east of LAF. Of course that means zippo for here. Man, just can't buy one right now.

I see IND got shut out as well. The dry streak there may take on a life of its own. Sheesh.

Had a t-storm that hit the western and northern part of the county earlier and just had another shower brush the southeast part of the county, but the spider continues to build it's web in the bottom of my gauge.

I went up to Grant county earlier on a rain chase. Had to see what it felt like again. Had AMAZING rates up to 0.10" per hour.

Big rains come from southwest.... turn to virga, then reform to the northeast. I was outside and I felt ten attempted drizzlets and one almost-raindrop, which almost left a damp spot on my arm except it steamed when it hit me. I'm going back out to wash the van, roll all the windows down and then lay out on the deck, because I quadruple-dare it to rain here!

Saw some nice towers going up to the east on my drive home about 30 minutes ago. Just looked at the radar and sure enough, some nice returns to the east of LAF. Of course that means zippo for here. Man, just can't buy one right now.

I see IND got shut out as well. The dry streak there may take on a life of its own. Sheesh.

It should be breaking news on the cable networks whenever IND records .1

You've got to be kidding me! Haha. It's ok I had the girls in the car, was just in the business of letting them nap. Did they warn on that?

Sent from my SCH-I500 2

No, they didn't warn on it. IWX did look at the pictures and videos and confirmed it. One of the mets said that it wasn't surprising, given the convergence of multiple outflows in the area. Due to the elevated convection/high bases, it didn't have a chance.

I did end up getting .01" overnight, lol worthy. Meanwhile, in extreme southeastern Huntington, parts of Wells, Blackford and Grant Counties, areal flood advisories were issued as radar estimates of up to 4" fell in a small area. There was also a 4" report in Monticello. At least some isolated spots saw a little relief.

One hour news special, with Angela Buchman counting every single drop that falls.

Maybe sometime in August.

She would obviously need to do that in a bikini.. :lol:

You guys did hear she is leaving Channel 8. She is moving to Channel 13. No details on how that will play out but she will need to sit out a year like Chris Wright did when he did the move.

You guys did hear she is leaving Channel 8. She is moving to Channel 13. No details on how that will play out but she will need to sit out a year like Chris Wright did when he did the move.

Interesting.

As for today, one return that entered Tippecanoe Cty vanished immediately. I assume the more "developed cells" to the west will do the same. I should go wash my car...

Had a small line of storms mostly move just east of me about an hour ago and actually prompted a warning about 10-15 miles to my east. As it was moving by, another storm blew up right over me and it just poured for a good 30 minutes. Probably got anywhere from .75-1" of rain from it as well as decent thunder and lightning. Really good to see that kind of rain.

Archived