Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 13-16 OV Rain Event

snowlover2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's getting depressing to watch cells coming for 30 miles and die out. I watched numerous cells approach my home here in Dry Slot... Every single one either fizzled as it got overhead or missed us literally by a mile. We get a few sprinkles if we're lucky and a boost in humidity otherwise.

Thankfully, we didn't plant a garden this year because I'm sure it would look like someone watered it with Roundup by now. No rain in the rain barrels at all. I'm really thinking about an artificial lawn and plastic flowers from the dollar store in the planters.

Our central AC is needing maintenance, and the forecast for today is 96 and 100 for tomorrow. Humidity is up quite a bit from yesterday as well, currently we're 88 with 57% RH, DP is 68.

We did have about .5" of rain last week when we were on vacation south of GRR, but it knocked out power for 16 hours. Thankfully, it miraculously didn't flood our lower level again. I'm just hoping that when it does rain, we don't get a train of heavy cells and more flooding.

Words fail to express how sick I am of the heat and lack of rain. I've got 2 55-gal barrels to catch (the nonesitent) rain. I think I better run the drain hose from the portable AC unit into them... AND the output of the sump pump since that's where our central AC condensate drains.

Archived