• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July 1-8, 2012 Heat & Storms

Herb@MAWS

DC still 101, and looks like we're in for some showers with storms to the south. meh

Sucks to get missed by the derecho. At least we saw some derecho clouds.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent VILs on the west side of the Beltway. Burke, Springfield, west Annandale maybe.

storm has a very small core.. even there it's questionable imo. but over dc we'll be lucky to get halfway to svr criteria.

Now that I've gone a block I'm very happy I dent go further. Some random dude said it's going to be big tho

I had a small back and forth with the guy who said "significant wind event coming" on Twitter. He claimed he was just trying to warn his followers so they wouldn't be caught off guard. There is a different between warning and fear-mongering. meh.

so how many more weeks following the derecho will we have to suffer through trigger happy warnings?

i like lwx and think they're awesome but on the whole they seem to overwarn all the time (even pre-derecho). perhaps it's the population potential impact. i guess i'll lean there.

i swear we were slight risked more in the past 10 days than otherwise might have been the case tho. :P

stuff still west should start weakening as the other stuff heading south takes over.. though the environment has not been too worked over so maybe we'll still get some rain. timing.. sucks.

Saying we are done up here. Bring on the cooler temps.

I soaked the plants and yard about an hour or so ago. Next chance of more than a quarter inch in Frederick is probably September. The summer desert was late to start but in full force the last month. Lots of brown out there.

Archived