northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
July 1-8, 2012 Heat & Storms

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't go, it's miserable out and they look crappy.

yeah im going to let the first go by at least.. HI 110 now, i think that's higher than yesterday got. excessive heat?

Yea HI is hotter today than yesterday, LWX not exactly on the ball with the heat-related headlines.

Out here too. No headlines, but we were 101 a bit ago and the heat index is right around 110. Storms popping up all around me.

I like how all the weather outlets have said now for every severe threat since 6/29 that it won't be as bad as 6/29. New baseline I suppose? We should use this principle for snow now too - "not nearly as bad as Feb 2010!"

i hope it stops soon it's kinda silly. of course it's not going to be 6/29 when was the last 6/29?

Gotta admit, not really sure what's keeping these storms from going up. Great cape, decent (and increasing) shear...

Looks like the front is pretty diffused and isn't strong enough to get aid initiation. Plus the 12z IAD sounding shows a convective temp of 98 and most locations haven't hit that.

Gotta admit, not really sure what's keeping these storms from going up. Great cape, decent (and increasing) shear...

the front itself isn't that impressive.. stuff seems to be weakening coming out of that zone. best convergence isn't aligning with the front either.

i hope it stops soon it's kinda silly. of course it's not going to be 6/29 when was the last 6/29?

It just doesn't make sense to keep comparing...the public didn't need to be told it wouldn't be like June 2008 after that event.

A smattering of tweets:

A significant wind damage event is about to occur. Stay tuned to@WTOP for updates, folks!]

More power-killing storms on the way, DC.

Fear mongering... I hate DC laypeople when it comes to weather. I wonder how they'd do in tornado alley.

bay breeze inching west still.. something trying to fire on it. i think the models will prob end up right that main focus is sw and south of dc. tho they kinda missed the stuff to the nw initially. the cells west are moving more easterly still, so we'll see.

post-1615-0-28261600-1341776194_thumb.jp

Archived