northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Summer of 2012 BANTER thread...

ag3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unfortunately true, although just to our north it sounds bad, most of ridgefield has no power, and there was def. a tor signature that crossed over from NY to CT. Oh well, back to ho hum for the foreseable future.

for a few areas it delivered-that area always gets it for some reason. There was a thread about naming your biggest severe weather bust...I think this moves to #1 for most people in the tri-state area....

Want me to bump up that thread I created? Or you could do it yourself. ;)

Since the South Shore of LI had some of the best winds during the event in the NYC metro with gusts in the 40's to 50ish cant call it a bust here since we usually do by far the worst I cannot call it a bust here. A quick drive around South Wantagh saw several branches of significance down.

Since the South Shore of LI had some of the best winds during the event in the NYC metro with gusts in the 40's to 50ish cant call it a bust here since we usually do by far the worst I cannot call it a bust here. A quick drive around South Wantagh saw several branches of significance down.

We still have Labor Day '98.

That is the first severe weather event that I can remember in my life. And it still is the best, I was still living out at Breezy Point at the time.

what is so sad its got to the point that strong...strong I say not severe...thunderstorms become headlines on the news....I realize there was some damage in places but really this was no more than a garden variety late day t storm, the hemming and hawing and build up over their approach is a bit nauseating

what is so sad its got to the point that strong...strong I say not severe...thunderstorms become headlines on the news....I realize there was some damage in places but really this was no more than a garden variety late day t storm, the hemming and hawing and build up over their approach is a bit nauseating

A tree somewhere in the Bear Mountain woods fell so the forecast verified perfectly. I don't know what you're talking about.

well, severe season is over. With day time heating time rapidly descreasing as the days shorten our severe chances decrease significanyl after July 31. 2010 was really an anomoly with the late season TOR outbreak, that was a 100 year event.

well, severe season is over. With day time heating time rapidly descreasing as the days shorten our severe chances decrease significanyl after July 31. 2010 was really an anomoly with the late season TOR outbreak, that was a 100 year event.

yep...cold and snow right around the corner per JB

Harvey pitched well :pimp:

11k's, not bad for his first start

Yup, nothing really to watch until the fall...doesnt look like hurricane season will be anything special, especially considering we got 'hit' last year.

0z spc-wrf has some storms impacting our area this afternoon and evening.

it hasn't been good at all this summer. A month ago it had a huge line of storms plowing through and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Yesterday it was WAY over done, and two weeks ago it didn't pick up the huge hailers we had. Face it, its best days are behind it.

Archived