northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Summer of 2012 BANTER thread...

ag3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My buddy said Killington started making artificial snow last night, getting a head start on building a solid base.

I really blame all of this on last October's storm. We were experiencing some of the most intense and extreme weather events prior to and including that storm, and ever since, other than the heat which is just climate change and blacktop doing its thing, we haven't had any real weather to speak of.

Its like that storm turned the entire weather pattern to crap.

I really blame all of this on last October's storm. We were experiencing some of the most intense and extreme weather events prior to and including that storm, and ever since, other than the heat which is just climate change and blacktop doing its thing, we haven't had any real weather to speak of.

Its like that storm turned the entire weather pattern to crap.

Yup. I didnt even ski last winter. What a joke. None of the Rocky mountain states saw snow.

The country is gripped with record heat and drought. We are one the few spots not in drought, but it has still be a hot summer.

This winter's snowfall prediction.

NYC: 8.5

JFK: 5.5

LGA: 7.8

ISL: 10.4

Newark: 6.4

Danbury: 12.2

Newburgh: 11

Central nassau, ny: 25.5 (FTW)

you know you were out there filming-admit it...

dude, i was sitting on the coach dog in hands just in case something whicked rolled through and we needed to book it to an interior room. I never ever ever stand out in storms and I am the first one running of the course when i hear thunder. I don't want to be a vegetable the rest of my life.

dude, i was sitting on the coach dog in hands just in case something whicked rolled through and we needed to book it to an interior room. I never ever ever stand out in storms and I am the first one running of the course when i hear thunder. I don't want to be a vegetable the rest of my life.

lol. Dog in hand? I was watching from our DR window which is giant-the boys though it was the coolest thing they had ever seen.

If next winter's anything like the last one, keep summer going please. I'd rather have 80s/90s with T-storms over eternal 50s with the occasional cool front to 45.

This T-storm season has been very good in CNJ, so I can't complain about yesterday. Given the looks of the pattern, we should see plenty of convection in August this year.

Irene was a dying TC when it hit. I would have stayed too

Anthonys elevation is sea level, if not below. He lives on the water. A surge easily could have take out the lower portion of his home causing him to get stranded. It's not far fetched. The storm came up in the perfect direction to flood him out.

Anthonys elevation is sea level, if not below. He lives on the water. A surge easily could have take out the lower portion of his home causing him to get stranded. It's not far fetched. The storm came up in the perfect direction to flood him out.

If anthony thought it was that bad, he would have left. But there was minimal storm surge and the winds were decreasing significantly as Irene moved up to us. I dont think he was in any serious trouble.

If anthony thought it was that bad, he would have left. But there was minimal storm surge and the winds were decreasing significantly as Irene moved up to us. I dont think he was in any serious trouble.

No he wouldn't. I like Anthony a lot, but who are we kidding, he was staying.

Archived