• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May General Banter Thread

Hugo

Didn't figure there was a need to bump the April thread, but wanted to respond to a post.

I need some help identifying a tree, if possible. My family moved into our new home at the end of last summer and I have this tree on the corner of my property with which I am not familiar. I'm attaching a few pictures to see if anyone can help me out with the identity of this tree. It is a multi-trunked tree, with lots of branches from each of these trunks. I've got close-ups of the leaves and the little "berries" that are currently on it. Thanks for the help, in advance.

post-4420-0-98611900-1335652392.jpg

post-4420-0-91148000-1335652395.jpg

post-4420-0-66139800-1335652399.jpg

post-4420-0-01987000-1335652405.jpg

Any chance that it's some kind of mulberry tree?

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't figure there was a need to bump the April thread, but wanted to respond to a post.

Any chance that it's some kind of mulberry tree?

The leaves and fruit look like a Mulberry tree we have on the farm. They turn red later

I was thinking the same thing :)

I don't know how I missed your responses until now, but I did. Thanks so much for the help with identifying the tree. So, I've since researched mulberry trees and done some more examining and I believe that all three of you were correct. I have a mulberry tree! And good news, the berries are edible and apparently good in jams and pies. What's not so good is that the dye is incredibly potent and will stain anything that it comes in contact with. In fact, it even stains when birds eat it and then later excrete it on your siding or deck. :thumbsdown: I guess I can deal with that assuming the harvest is good and the berries taste great. I'll update in mid-late summer when the berries apparently ripen. Thanks again, everyone!

Been camping at Joyce Kilmer forest near Lake Santeetlah. Just a beautiful area around there. About 25 miles total in Graham county near Robbinsville NC. I would recomend this area to anyone. The Lake is just jaw dropping beautiful and you can camp right next to the lake and there are area to put in your boat to go fishing and joy riding. Had an amazing time with the family. Just great to be outdoors away from tv cell phones ect.

Finally managed to get myself a laptop today. I'm very pleased with its performance and how easy it is to get used to it. Here's the link to my new laptop in case you folks were wondering:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+17.3%26%2334%3B+Pavilion+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Pewter/5044404.p?id=1218608972318&skuId=5044404

In one post he's nice then the next I'm a "maron" and "adsurb" for liking the GFS and making weather calls a week out. I guess this post makes me guilty of engagging in sping.

Last night's meltdown was classic DT :lol: I almost commented on what he said EXACTLY, but decided that he had already shown everyone what an idiot he was :facepalm:

In one post he's nice then the next I'm a "maron" and "adsurb" for liking the GFS and making weather calls a week out. I guess this post makes me guilty of engagging in sping.

You've got the spelling down pat. If you can get him mad enough he actually will start typing in Klingon.

Archived