• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Big storm riding up along the Atlantic Coast.

Met1985

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow just got back from town and what a change from earlier. Temp is down to 40 degrees and overcast with showers on and off. Just looking at the GFS and Euro still looks pretty aggressive with the snow down into Western North Carolina and into Eastern Tennessee. Also i think there could be a few people surprised tomorrow morning when they go out to work as places like Raleigh could see a few wet snow flakes . There are no advisories yet and i don't blame them, this is a very tricky setup and really would have to see this to come together more this evening and tonight but i do think the high terrain of the mountain will get snow and maybe several inches of it. I do like the look of this being an upslope event type of snow but there is a lot that can happen with the moisture being strung out and were the low tracks will be key for tonight and tomorrow.

Down to 42.8° in Weaverville. We reached 59° @ 3:00 pm. Quite blustery now with off & on showers.

Ya Don temp here is dropping very quickly here with heavy rain showers. Temp down to 38 degrees already. May turn to snow sooner than the GFS is showing which is after midnight here and NWS is saying snow after 5 am.

Ya Don temp here is dropping very quickly here with heavy rain showers. Temp down to 38 degrees already. May turn to snow sooner than the GFS is showing which is after midnight here and NWS is saying snow after 5 am.

46 degrees here. NWS has me getting down to 36 late tonight with rain.

Not expecting snow here. Unless some blows off the mountain travelers going down Highway421 during the morning commute.

I am about in between you two as far as snow chances go. 85 I think you have a good shot at white ground. WD you will be lucky to see flakes fly. I think we will see some flakes in the air but none on the ground.

I ended with 1.25". The storms last night moved very little from where they formed practically on top of me. Such a relief to finally get some good rain.

Funny how that works :) I got a solid half inch, and my previous rain event had given me .02. Half inch seemed like a monsoon here, lol. Got to love those bands when they happen to go overhead, got to hate 'em when they don't :) I guess you were just 39 miles the wrong way. T

Edit: Well, I quoted Candyman, but got the wrong quote. This editor is messing up on me.

Had 1.20 in the gauge last check around noon. Been getting steady light rain drizzle most of the day, so it's been a good soaking rain for MBY. I'll check the gauge for the final tally tommorrow afternoon, but it's been a good turn of events for me after picking up .50 a few days ago, We have everything planted with the exception of setting out the mator and pepper plants. Noticed some folks who where a few days earlier have their corn popping up thanks to the recent rain. Hopefully we can keep the wind up so mixing might offset the frost possibility Monday night.

What a day! April 23 it snowed and snowed half the day at that. It snowed up till about noon today. Ended up with a dusting. Ground just way to warm and was not snowing heavy enough although it did snow pretty hard this morning. Felt more like mid fall today instead of spring. What a couple months. Really since November we have barely saw anything normal for weather. Maybe we can actually have some nice normal days ahead of use. Currently sitting at 41 degrees and very windy.

Archived