Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 23-24th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The central axis of the band is now moving into Wisconsin. Virga here and 36/29. Precip should begin in the next few hours.

Very impressive to see snow accumulations despite above freezing temps to the south, shows how hard it's snowing. Freezing temps spreading through a pocket of NE IA and NW IL.

You just might be able to sneak into the 3-5" zone.

File.png

I've purposely avoided watching the newscasts because I'm sure they're cringeworthy. GHD v2.0 setting up.

Hype is right across the board. Kitchener/Waterloo have both declared snow emergencies now starting at midnight. Any other winter a 4-6" snow warning wouldn't even be noticed. But yeah, you're right. Time to change the channel. :weenie:

Considering a winter storm is on the way when just 2 days ago we didnt even know if there would be ANY storm....Im happy. But have to admit being south of Detroit, east of DTW does not look well for the dryslot and that flat out SUCKS. Looks the far NW burbs of Detroit up to about Flint will be the jackpot for SE MI. Models still relatively all over the place considering the storm is here, so as they say, nowcast time.

Last thundersnow I saw was Feb 20, 2011, and it was pure awesome.

I agree I think jax lan and battle creek area will be the sweet spot synoptically but lapeer port huron bad axe always come in with crazy amounts thanks to some meso scale help from the lake especially when they are under the ccb

The Usual conservative WJBK calls for 6"+ from a line Ann Arbor to New Baltimore points North. 3-6" else where south to Monroe county Line

I have to agree I think 4-8 is fair. Again this storm is coming out of the plains not the gulf. How often do storms out perform the models or even match model qpf honestly? I know you guys will hate me for saying that. But think about it.

I have to agree I think 4-8 is fair. Again this storm is coming out of the plains not the gulf. How often do storms out perform the models or even match model qpf honestly? I know you guys will hate me for saying that. But think about it.

Don't hate ya. It makes sense. Its a clipper

This system has a gulf connection it probably won't be more than 4-8 but the reasoms are different than it being a clipper.

not a flake yet here.

weird, we had a heavy burst hours ago, went to rain and are just now starting to mix again. I think the best it just to our north..but the latest RUC looks good all the way down to our area. Good luck.

Killing me, Kev. beautiful shots already and i can only imagine whats to come. sure do love the wet stuff over dry snow.

totally agree

Archived