wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
2/29 - 3/1

NEG NAO

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this place is like the stock market - all of a sudden everyone is now enthused about this event - an hour ago a bunch of doubters - who is to believe ? The Euro or the GFS-hmmmmm....like I said earlier - "right - the Euro always follows the GFS"

this place is like the stock market - all of a sudden everyone is now enthused about this event - who to believe ?

I don't know where you're getting the idea that anybody is enthused about this event....about 10 knowledgeable posters just gave several reasons as to why the pattern is unfavorable...and then a bunch of people laughed at the Euro solution.

The Euro trying to show another Boxing Day redux, its done this a couple of other times this winter, the only reason it is semi-believable this time is the fact the previous storm explodes in SE Canada and the entire pattern progression could be slowed a bit, still this is going to be another very tough event to get.

The Euro trying to show another Boxing Day redux, its done this a couple of other times this winter, the only reason it is semi-believable this time is the fact the previous storm explodes in SE Canada and the entire pattern progression could be slowed a bit, still this is going to be another very tough event to get.

The only reason why I am slightly intrigued is because the euro ensemble mean has shown a pretty large coastal for days. And hasn't waivered at all yet.

The only reason why I am slightly intrigued is because the euro ensemble mean has shown a pretty large coastal for days. And hasn't waivered at all yet.

The way to go with this situation right now is with the euro since the ensembles have been consistent - the GFS has been all over the place so far and what caused that 12Z lakes cutter is the previous storm was not as intense and did not supress the pattern more.....

nogaps was the only model last week that was lock in step with the euro.

Maybe its the new nogaps/euro rule starting? ;)

That was probably because it was the entire setup biting into the NOGAPS progressive bias, I think the NOGAPS nailed 2/6/10 as well, any sort of suppressed type setup will usually perform well on the NOGAPS.

If this happens like the euro shows i will streak down my street in the snow. Hell ill even youtube it too, thats how much confidence i have in this happening cause i would NEVER do that and this system shouldnt happen either lol. Anyway like tornadojay said the storm explodes in se canada ahead of it acting to "slow" the flow down so that is a plus the cold high in canada FTWWWW!!!

Yeah I will be in Florida from 2/25 to 3/1, so you can pretty much lock up the Euro solution.

I have to say this brings back memories of March 2001. Anybody else remember that epic disaster? Went from a MECS 24 hours out to less than an advisory snow the day of. Storm was a beast for the inland folks, just nobody in or around the NY metro.

Yeah I will be in Florida from 2/25 to 3/1, so you can pretty much lock up the Euro solution.

I have to say this brings back memories of March 2001. Anybody else remember that epic disaster? Went from a MECS 24 hours out to less than an advisory snow the day of. Storm was a beast for the inland folks, just nobody in or around the NY metro.

How? First of all that winter was completely different from this one and second, this is just a long range fantasy storm, it's not like the models are showing this 2 days out or anything.

Yeah I don't get that comparison either. Also less than 50 miles north and west of NYC had over a foot for 3/01 storm, so it wasn't as far off as people think.

How? First of all that winter was completely different from this one and second, this is just a long range fantasy storm, it's not like the models are showing this 2 days out or anything.

How did the ECM even end up showing such a storm? That pattern still isn't too favorable as the western ridge is relatively weak and transient and the PV is in a not very favorable location. With the type of pattern expected the last thing I would've expected was to see a major snowstorm show up on any model, as it could easily fail just as almost every storm during this non-winter did.

The other models have been hinting at this for days, It comes and it goes. As some have said, its been on the Euro ensembles for many runs now and as one met pointed out, the GEFS solution doesn't even make since given the 1030 mb high in place. Even so, I am just as skeptical as the next person.

The setup looks similar to that of 2001, without knowing that much about it. I am just going by the basic surface features. (Main low cutting through the TN valley, secondary popping but too far east, NY misses the big snows). This...and the time of year.

http://www.hasbrouck...s01/snow1.shtml

I wish I can post the euro ensemble mean maps.

Extremely impressive. Has a coastal low forming off Delmarva and giving snow from DC to Boston.

For a day 7 ensemble product, its impressive.

Also just saw the euro spaghettis. Incredible agreement on a coastal storm, centered near or just east of the BM.

Archived