Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
2/29 - 3/1

NEG NAO

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really

don't think these nao ao pna arguments hold any water - example Oct 29 - if we can have a snowstorm Oct 29 we can surely have one Feb - 28 - March 1 - plus don't you see all the cold air available before and during that time frame ?

there hasnt been cold air all winter, as a matter of fact there hasnt been a day all winter that you needed anything other than a coat, ...now as we enter March all this cold air is going to become available???

there hasnt been cold air all winter, as a matter of fact there hasnt been a day all winter that you needed anything other than a coat, ...now as we enter March all this cold air is going to become available???

Canada will become quite cold over the coming weeks but it'll be more of a tease than anything, as our pattern doesn't really change due to unfavorable teleconnectors.

Canada will become quite cold over the coming weeks but it'll be more of a tease than anything, as our pattern doesn't really change due to unfavorable teleconnectors.

no offense, but I have noticed the models make canada appear cold in the short and mid term all winter and it has never come to fruition...im banking on us not seeing another stretch of highs even in the 30's...maybe a day here or there...but this baby was DOA

There's no support for a snow event in this pattern, in fact, things couldn't look much worse for the next couple weeks on the East Coast. I'll be back in summer clothes the end of this week.

What do think of the NAM at 48 a threw 57h, looks like .25 with marginal 850's at night? Plus current GFS looks interesting at day 4? Probibly both out to lunch.

What do think of the NAM at 48 a threw 57h, looks like .25 with marginal 850's at night? Plus current GFS looks interesting at day 4? Probibly both out to lunch.

For hours 48-57, terrible boundary layer, nothing close to cold at the surface with the sounding posted below. An easy rain call IMO. The 0z GFS tries to develop moderate precipitation off the coast on Friday night with its trend away from the big storm originally shown for the late week, surface temps are far from favorable for that one too. Maybe if we're lucky we could see a little bit of snow through early-mid March, but I'm really not optimistic about snow chances for the rest of this non-winter with the unfavorable pattern coming up.

post-1753-0-74673300-1329799853.png

Archived