• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
2/29 - 3/1

NEG NAO

Indiantown Gap reported sleet. A spotter in Allentown also reported sleet.

ASOS won't report sleet since it doesn't know what that is. Instead it can report just about anything else (rain, freezing rain, unknown precip or snow) instead.

Anyway, rain and sleet reported at White Plains right now (human observer put the sleet in).

Alright, then I'm wrong about no sleet then. Thanks.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more than 2/3 of the population of suffolk county lives closer to NYC than anyone in Orange county. I am 10 miles east into Suffolk County and I am a half hour drive from Queens. People who aren't from long island look at the long end and think people live there. Barely.

Middletown, Ny is not metro NY. Sorry.

So those in Orange County who are a 45 minute drive into the Bronx are SOOOOO much further away? LOL

So those in Orange County who are a 45 minute drive into the Bronx are SOOOOO much further away? LOL

What is LOL here? I am 10 miles east into suffolk county and I am THIRTY miles closer to NYC than middletown, NY. That is significant. He is talking about eastern suffolk, which I'll agree, also isn't metro NY, but the population is VERY low out there. More than a million people live west of route 111 in Suffolk County, which is right about where I am.

Sussex, NJ, Middletown, NY, etc, etc ARE part of the NYC metro. Considered to be the NW to far NW suburbs. If they aren't part of NYC metro, then neither is Suffolk County, LI.

snow began in Oak Ridge, NJ ~ 10AM. Now at office in Butler, snowing here as well. Coming down nicely, but everything just wet so far.

more than 2/3 of the population of suffolk county lives closer to NYC than anyone in Orange county. I am 10 miles east into Suffolk County and I am a half hour drive from Queens. People who aren't from long island look at the long end and think people live there. Barely.

Middletown, Ny is not metro NY. Sorry.

No one is saying its metro.. lol There is a reason I moved up to begin with. He was using the argument of distance yet most of O.C falls within the 50 miles radius.

Islip is 40 miles from Manhattan

Harriman is 35 miles from Manhattan

Archived