EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Weekend Storm Discussion Part II, 2/18-2/19

stormtracker

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

54HR is the key panel tonight, so RGEM is not quite in range yet.

true but judging from the vv's and the h5/h7 at 48hrs its likely the heaviest bands stay just south of DC. Still the RGEM keeps it really close and would argue its still worth paying attention. Even the NAM/GFS/Euro arent so far south that its unrealistic to see a last minute adjustment. Its unlikely but still possible.

I expect to wake up tomorrow to 06Z runs with snow back into DC and nearing PHL.

i think it's more than likely too much to overcome here.. further north even moreso tho maybe less low level problems if any gets into elevation. i think maybe DC could under good circumstances work its way back toward .25" or so. i certainly would not bet on it though. without banding etc we're probably pretty cooked as far as anything interesting goes anyway.

If you only end up with like .25, it may be too light to overcome low level issues and maybe its just a minor slushy accumulation. Trust me ..this has happened numerous times so far this non-winter around ALB. I'd want to be under .5" or so band to feel confident of a good snowfall at low elevations.

This could be a deal where it's 35 with -SN in DCA and 32 with good SN in RIC.

i think it's more than likely too much to overcome here.. further north even moreso tho maybe less low level problems if any gets into elevation. i think maybe DC could under good circumstances work its way back toward .25" or so. i certainly would not bet on it though. without banding etc we're probably pretty cooked as far as anything interesting goes anyway.

That map is even pretty brutal around Richmond. Didn't I read that someone on this board was planning on traveling and getting a room off 95 near Kings Dominion? For what, a Trace to 2 inches?

i didnt create the map though i saw it before it was published. i think in general once you get toward the edges there might be a little less skill as we mainly focus on the dc region. but im sure it was taken into account.. brief look from me now and i'd say the local's map also in this thread is in big trouble.

If you only end up with like .25, it may be too light to overcome low level issues and maybe its just a minor slushy accumulation. Trust me ..this has happened numerous times so far this non-winter around ALB. I'd want to be under .5" or so band to feel confident of a good snowfall at low elevations.

This could be a deal where it's 35 with -SN in DCA and 32 with good SN in RIC.

feb is a good time for snow.. getting the airmass into form is much easier than early winter. but we're going to torch tomorrow as far as pre-snowstorm days go. im not going to feel that good about getting light snow even if it happens. we need banding or a sustained period of moderate snow.

Archived