Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central PA Winter Cont'd cont'd

The Iceman

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

34 and dumping rain here!!!! Look at it like this though, 20 days and this winter is behind us!!!

Actually, it's behind us tomorrow for REAL winter (meteorological winter)

Although I've just learned that based on reality and living here (ie thinking like a reasoned adult), I don't count out snow as a good possibility until mid-April, and sometimes later. Of course it's mostly gone by afternoon.

This was a lesson in that: http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/details/photo/50983/Say+It+Aint+Snow

They actually had to plow on the higher elevations around here.

Note the date. I got just over an inch. That was surreal.

I believe some severe and a lot of heavy rain/storms will make it across southern central pa tonight.

GFS and other models keying in.

f15.gif

would be nice if the warm air could surge northward, but lack of that actually happening will limit severe potential over most of central/eastern pa other than a few rumbles of thunder...

the warm air is trying to move into western PA... KAFJ jumped almost 10 degrees in 20 minutes with a ssw wind developing... pretty impressive if accurate

would be nice if the warm air could surge northward, but lack of that actually happening will limit severe potential over most of central/eastern pa other than a few rumbles of thunder...

the warm air is trying to move into western PA... KAFJ jumped almost 10 degrees in 20 minutes with a ssw wind developing... pretty impressive if accurate

It's 57 just south of Pitt, it'll warm up around here.

I believe some severe and a lot of heavy rain/storms will make it across southern central pa tonight.

GFS and other models keying in.

Doesn't look like it, at least north of the border... cooler air looks to hold tight for most of us in PA keeping us relatively stable (the exception being west of JST, where sfc temps are already >64°F with WAA). Sure, winds aloft look nice but this cool wedge is going to keep us suffering thermodynamically.

Some moderate to heavy rain looks like a good bet... maybe an isolated location can squeeze out some thunder.

Doesn't look like it, at least north of the border... cooler air looks to hold tight for most of us in PA keeping us relatively stable (the exception being west of JST, where sfc temps are already >64°F with WAA). Sure, winds aloft look nice but this cool wedge is going to keep us suffering thermodynamically.

Some moderate to heavy rain looks like a good bet... maybe an isolated location can squeeze out some thunder.

Temperatures will surge for the southern areas. My area of threat is basically York to JST line. Making map to show my area.

NAM gets MU cape to 500 around my area and LI to -2,

Easterly winds on this side of the mountains are a killer this time of year... warm air advection struggles to win out... as we are seeing today... sure temps may come up a little but nothing like far western pa/ohio around here. Should rise to maybe mid 40s and stay around that overnight for much of southeast pa

Wooooooh, we got hail! Slightly smaller than pea size! yeah way to make up for a poor winter, sweet. If I could compare the hail, it would be about small eraser on a pencil.

I can take a little solace in the fact I got to see Cantore live shot style lightning strike during the epic snow squalls that moved into Seven Springs last Friday right about when we were leaving. I hadn't seen a good thunder snow...storm in the past several years.

I can take a little solace in the fact I got to see Cantore live shot style lightning strike during the epic snow squalls that moved into Seven Springs last Friday right about when we were leaving. I hadn't seen a good thunder snow...storm in the past several years.

I can imagine, when I lived in Erie for a brief time, I remember some incredible LE lightning off the lake. I just had some powerful CG's just now again. I honestly have never seen it like this so early and so far north.

Archived