joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Mid/Long Range Discussion IV

burgertime

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the Sun storm that happened yesterday will shake things up. When I posted about it Burger made an interesting comment that I thought had some credibility in that it probably takes days-weeks, for the affects of such an event to be felt by our atmosphere. However it seems that our atmosphere here on earth is already feeling it. Not sure if this storm, which was like the 7th strongest ever recorded will help our micro climate in the SE out Pos-Neg or neutral. If things really shake up differently all of the sudden then when we look back a month or two from now we can identify a new culprit. Here is the links, just some food for thought.

SUN STORM HITS EARTH...

DELTA Reroutes Flights...

Dropped calls on cellphones...

Spectacular northern lights...

All found on Drudge Report: Pretty pic of the northern lights, which may be visible from even the SE tonight.Look North and preferably be north of your city limits when doing so. You might get lucky!

Maybe the Sun storm that happened yesterday will shake things up. When I posted about it Burger made an interesting comment that I thought I had some credibilityin that it probably takes days-weeks, for the affects of such an event to be felt by our atmosphere. However it seems that our atmosphere here on earth is already feeling the efffects. Not sure if this storm, which was like the 7th strongest ever recorded will help our micro climate in the SE out POS?NEG or neutral. If things really shake up differently all of the sudden then when we look back a month or two from now we can identify a new culprit. Here is the links, just some food for thought.

Just so you know my comment was made on zero science at all. From what I've been reading that explosion should effect nothing but the auras and nothing more...but who knows I guess? Anything that can help!

Maybe the Sun storm that happened yesterday will shake things up. When I posted about it Burger made an interesting comment that I thought had some credibility in that it probably takes days-weeks, for the affects of such an event to be felt by our atmosphere. However it seems that our atmosphere here on earth is already feeling it. Not sure if this storm, which was like the 7th strongest ever recorded will help our micro climate in the SE out Pos-Neg or neutral. If things really shake up differently all of the sudden then when we look back a month or two from now we can identify a new culprit. Here is the links, just some food for thought.

SUN STORM HITS EARTH...

DELTA Reroutes Flights...

Dropped calls on cellphones...

Spectacular northern lights...

All found on Drudge Report: Pretty pic of the northern lights, which may be visible from even the SE tonight.Look North and preferably be north of your city limits when doing so. You might get lucky!

I was thinking the same thing. I think there should be more studies out there about how the sun affects our weather patterns if any. There is just a huge amount of energy from the sun that you would think could affect our weather. just something interesting.

the cold air comes into the upper South Sunday and jets out Monday, as advertised a while now. There's nothing to keep cold air in here, the flow is so fast. Looking at the global picture at 144, theres a completely zonal flow from Japan to the east coast of the US, so halfway around the world is zonal...very unusual. Something is likely to amplify that won't be seen by the models around this time frame or shortly after.

Still looks like there is a bit of snow to go around for the NC folks on this run but it's very light. Nothing like the 18z.

low is faster and weaker this run...but hey, it's still there...and there's still snow. :whistle:

low is faster and weaker this run...but hey, it's still there...and there's still snow. :whistle:

yeah theres snow on about 4 days worth of frames there from 252 hours or so in NC, but only because of the deep east coast trough it has. Who knows yet where the ridge will build and the deep trough occurs. The vortex in Alaska backs up to east Siberia, so thats a little bit of change for a little while. Nothing really too exciting on the run though.

Saw this post in a mid-atlantic thread....this is in reference to the 12z Euro Ensembles day 10+....the GFS/GFS Ens are in general agreement with this Pacific pattern as well

The PAC side on the Euro ensembles actually looks like one of those favorable El Nino pacific patterns...the AK low retrogrades WSW to a position well into the Aleutions and even SW of there pumping up the heights over AK and creating a -EPO/+PNA pattern...the temps are finally responding to this a bit more as the cold gets dumped into the eastern half of Canada...not western Canada like we had with the -EPO/-PNA pattern.

NAO is kind of meh, but not a raging positive...it has some higher heights trying to build into Greenland from the east...but they never really form into a big block...but that is certainly better than having a monster vortex there.

The NAO is usually the hardest thing on the models...the west based block it was trying to show for the end of this month earlier never really formed...more of a weak high anomaly near Baffin Island...which is better than nothing, but an actual block would have been nice.

If the GFS keeps some consistency on a deep eastern trough in that time frame for a few days, it's probably on to something, but we'd need it to be further west to blossom into a real storm threat for the East Coast.

Sorry Robert....had to correct your post....it just fits this winter. LOL...

Archived