Newest Member
    mowsee447
2012 Winter Banter Thread #2

yoda

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"unless you have to drive somewhere"

it's more or less that people whine more about ice storms than is needed.

I'd guess that half the people (if not more) who post about being "concerned" about ice are actively rooting for it. They post about their "concern" because if they appeared to be excited about it, someone would inevitably flip out with a "How can you be excited? Hopefully your power goes out for a while so you learn that ice sucks!!!" type of post.

I'd guess that half the people (if not more) who post about being "concerned" about ice are actively rooting for it. They post about their "concern" because if they appeared to be excited about it, someone would inevitably flip out with a "How can you be excited? Hopefully your power goes out for a while so you learn that ice sucks!!!" type of post.

good thing we got the front end snow.. the ice was pretty pedestrian.

Wishing is one thing. Being hopeful when there is at least some indication that a good outcome is possible is another.

Punting 4 days out after crappy model runs only to hop back on the bandwagon when the next set of models show you what you want

uber annoying

What if someone waffles along with the models but doesn't post about it?

:whistle:

I think that is okay, because you are not openly saying "we have a pretty good idea on what will happen", punt it, then come back 6 hours later and hug the crap out of the models.

I'm not liking the weekend threat, but I'm not going to punt it 4 days out.

Ouch. Pull the knife out of my heart and stab my balls, why don't ya?

And yes, he should have a do over. :P

You do realize that H2O is a Redskins fan, right? He really has no room to bash the Ravens, who at least had a winning record and made the playoffs (even if the loss was.... lolz)

Does SNO get at 2-day grace period if we actually get a SECS on Saturday?

that's how some pros work their long range calls.. i love the several day grace period in the middle of the snowiest time of winter.

i might throw out some dates for 2016 later.

You do realize that H2O is a Redskins fan, right? He really has no room to bash the Ravens, who at least had a winning record and made the playoffs (even if the loss was.... lolz)

I do know that.

If by "lolz", you mean crushing, heart-braking, tear my scalp off agony...then I agree.

that's how some pros work their long range calls.. i love the several day grace period in the middle of the snowiest time of winter.

i might throw out some dates for 2016 later.

I'm calling for a 2-4" snowstorm in VA/DC/MD from Jan 25-Feb 15 during the next El Nino year with a persistent -NAO/-AO.

Save your praise until you're shoveling snow from the "WxUSAF Storm".

Archived