amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Upstate NY/North Country: Heart of Winter 2012

Logan11

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I beleive that is actually the wundergound weenie snow map, not QPF. The 12Z Euro was all snow for us...6-12". Lock it!!!!!

The sad thing about that run is that the vast majority of green is either mixed precip or rain.

This is a system that will need as much spiritual help as possible, because the science is against it. Don't get me wrong...I am rooting for it 100%!!!

I am back from a day down in NYC....I had on a winter coat and it was so hot ...60F. I was literally sweating.

Back here I see we only hit 39.4 and the lawn is still primarily covered with a few ancient ugly inches. Lots of sheer ice behind house and I almost broke some bones getting blown over by the wind on my way in.

I beleive that is actually the wundergound weenie snow map, not QPF. The 12Z Euro was all snow for us...6-12". Lock it!!!!!

I am back from a day down in NYC....I had on a winter coat and it was so hot ...60F. I was literally sweating.

Back here I see we only hit 39.4 and the lawn is still primarily covered with a few ancient ugly inches. Lots of sheer ice behind house and I almost broke some bones getting blown over by the wind on my way in.

:lol:

More boring times ahead at least for us here in WNY. I give it untill Febuary 15th and if this ****ty pattern doesnt change i officialy delcair this winter cancelled and i will be hoping for spring to arrive. Still only about 19" here on the season. Average is 60" by this time. Record low for BUF is 40" for a season and at this point the way things are looking id say we have a 75 percent chance of breaking it this year.

60F...wow! My leg still hurts from hitting that rock sledding 2 weeks ago that should have been covered with snow. This winter is literally hurting us. :weep: Hope you're OK.

This is great, we've been getting hit with solid 1"/hour snow most of this morning! One minor negative - snow is melting at a rate of 1"/hour....Actually has the look of an early April day with big fat flakes hammering down and pretty much melting on contact with the saturated ground. And so the lame winter continues to roll on....

This is great, we've been getting hit with solid 1"/hour snow most of this morning! One minor negative - snow is melting at a rate of 1"/hour....Actually has the look of an early April day with big fat flakes hammering down and pretty much melting on contact with the saturated ground. And so the lame winter continues to roll on....

Same thing here in cleve hill. If it was 5 to 10 degrees colder wed prob have 3-6" by now but like you said its melting about as fast as its coming down. Looks similar to yesterday morning here.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/buffalosabreskid/4aca7041.jpg

That was about 10 minutes ago.

Sorry have been busy lately, have not been able to post. Things have been pretty boring here! We picked up half an inch of snow Wednesday Night and yesterday morning. Been snowing moderately for the last few hours here. Its definitely sticking at my location. Have not been out to measure but 1-2 inches looks likely. At least I passed 30 inches here this year! Pretty sad winter when I have to post 1-2 inch snowfalls haha!

KBGM

A RATHER POTENT UPR-LVL WAVE AND SFC COLD FRNT ARE STILL PROGGED TO

COME THROUGH THE CWA LATE SUN AFTN AND SUN EVE. LOOK FOR

-SHRA/-SHSN TO GRADUALLY INCREASE IN CVRG EARLY TO MID-AFTN

SUN...AS THESE SYSTEMS NEAR. LATE IN THE DAY AND SUN

EVE...PRONOUNCED DPVA ALOFT...GOOD LOW-LVL CONVERGENCE ALG THE SFC

BNDRY...AND A DEEP UNSTABLE LYR...SHOULD LEAD TO THE DEVELOPMENT

OF AT LEAST SCTD SQUALLS NEAR THE TIME OF FROPA (WINDEX TYPE

EVENT). ADDITIONALLY...AS THE PCPN STRUCTURE PERHAPS ACQUIRES A

COMMA-HEAD TYPE SHAPE WITH THE PASSAGE OF THE UPR-LVL

SYSTEM...ANOTHER BAND OF HEAVIER SHSN COULD DEVELOP IN OUR NRN ZNS

DURG THIS TIME FRAME. QUITE A BIT OF UNCERTAINTY STILL ATTM...BUT

THERE ARE SIGNALS THERE THAT SOME HEAVIER...HIGH IMPACT SHSN LATE

SUN INTO SUN EVE COULD OCCUR. THIS POTENTIAL WILL BE MENTIONED IN

THE HWO.

LATER SUN NIGHT AND MON...AS THE FLOW VEERS TO 280-290...850

TEMPS FALL TO NEAR -14C...AND MIXED LYR DEPTHS RESIDE NEAR 750

MB...ANOTHER LES BAND SHOULD FORM. THIS TIME...IT IS EXPECTED TO

DIP DOWN TO NEAR KSYR...EXTENDING TWDS MADISON/SRN ONEIDA. NO

FLAGS ISSUED YET...BUT ACCUMS COULD APPCH ADVSY LVLS BY MIDDAY

MON.

MON NGT INTO EARLY TUE...OVERRUNNING/WAA LGT SNOW IS

ANTICIPATED...AS A WARM FRNT APPCHS. A MUCH MILDER AMS SHOULD

BEGIN TO BUILD INTO THE CWA BY TUE PM.

We have had several very strong burst of snow throughout the day here. But it was during peak diurnal time and surface temperatures were 33-34 degrees. It dropped 1-2 inches but has since condensed, but all ground is covered down here. If temperatures were under 32 as some brought out, I could easily see a 3-5 inch accumulation. I wonder what Colden got, they were under 32 the whole time.

We have had several very strong burst of snow throughout the day here. But it was during peak diurnal time and surface temperatures were 33-34 degrees. It dropped 1-2 inches but has since condensed, but all ground is covered down here. If temperatures were under 32 as some brought out, I could easily see a 3-5 inch accumulation. I wonder what Colden got, they were under 32 the whole time.

1.0" here. 20.1" for the season. If only it were 5 degrees colder. I'd guess colden got 3 inches. Ellicottville (Holiday Valley) seems to have gotten about 3 or so inches today judging by their webcams...

The line hit me about 5 minutes ago ...weakened to maybe 10 mins of moderate snow and 34F so just a bare coating. It's falling apart now as it reaches the HV from ALB south.

Tomorrow night's event may be a bigger deal.

Half an hour ago, we had a ten minute whiteout in the hills of Bovina while driving home. Impressive but not a lot of fun (my wife was driving). (Yes, dear, at least we got home safely.)

54mph gust here.

Have had close to 2 inches on the day here. Was at a party down in Boston, all the lights went out at about 8 pm. They are still out, was a good time. Did some lighting in that LES band hit a transformer or something? The whole town of North Boston/Boston has no power. Looks like that LES is setting up quite nicely across far southern Erie county. The winds should be shifting soon, hopefully we can get a nice surprise by tomorrow morning. :lmao:

Have had close to 2 inches on the day here. Was at a party down in Boston, all the lights went out at about 8 pm. They are still out, was a good time. Did some lighting in that LES band hit a transformer or something? The whole town of North Boston/Boston has no power. Looks like that LES is setting up quite nicely across far southern Erie county. The winds should be shifting soon, hopefully we can get a nice surprise by tomorrow morning. :lmao:

I think we will have a nice surprise tomorrow afternon. I could see 3-4" for us. 3" for me 4" for u. Maybe 8" in Colden. i think well see a lolly close to a foot anywhere from perrysburg to springville to arcade to warsaw.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT

FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 10 AM EST MONDAY.

* LOCATIONS...WESTERN ADIRONDACKS AND WESTERN MOHAWK VALLEY.

* HAZARD TYPES...MODERATE SNOW ACCUMULATION AS WELL AS BLOWING

SNOW. SNOW SQUALLS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE THIS EVENING.

* ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 8 INCHES OF SNOW WITH THE HIGHEST

ACCUMULATIONS ACROSS NORTHERN HERKIMER COUNTY.

* TIMING...LATE THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH MID MORNING ON MONDAY.

* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS.

* WINDS...WEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH. HIGHER GUSTS

ARE POSSIBLE IN SNOW SQUALLS.

* TEMPERATURES...FALLING FROM THE LOWER TO MID 30S LATE THIS

AFTERNOON INTO THE UPPER TEENS TO MID 20S LATE TONIGHT.

* VISIBILITIES...GENERALLY A HALF MILE TO A MILE OCCASIONALLY AS

LOW AS A QUARTER OF A MILE.

Archived