• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country: Heart of Winter 2012

Logan11

Perrysburg has to win that. I believe they might be above average this year in terms of snowfall 8+ LES events so far for them this year in addition to whatever synoptic they got. They had several storms over 20 inches I believe. I think they average 250 inches a year or around that up there. I do not think I will even hit 50 inches here on border of Hamburg/North Boston, absolutely incredible! Looking forward to a nice hot summer though, hope to go to the beach a lot, hopefully all this working out will pay off! :lmao:

Definitly has to be Perrysburg, I know as of the end of JANUARY they were at 97 inches so I have to assume theyre close to 150" by now which is astounding considering this **** of a winter.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitly has to be Perrysburg, I know as of the end of JANUARY they were at 97 inches so I have to assume theyre close to 150" by now which is astounding considering this **** of a winter.

Perrysburg was beating the Tug Hill at the end of January. I don't think they quite average 250...probably just a hair over 200". If you look at the storm spotter archive, Sherman in far SW Chautauqua has received the most. However, there is a thin stripe that runs from Sherman through Perrsburg to East Concord that averages 200" a year or slighty more.

snowseas.gif

Perrysburg was beating the Tug Hill at the end of January. I don't think they quite average 250...probably just a hair over 200". If you look at the storm spotter archive, Sherman in far SW Chautauqua has received the most. However, there is a thin stripe that runs from Sherman through Perrsburg to East Concord that averages 200" a year or slighty more.

snowseas.gif

Not hard to do this year.......we've only have had half our average snow amounts.

About an inch overnight and down to 26.2° at 5:30. It was enough in spots on the hill to make the roads fairly slippery. Another inch tonight?

As much as I love the cold and snow I enjoyed the last 2 days and am looking forward to next week.

As much as 2" here very shade dependent. Bring onspring after this dissapointing 54" winter.

Same here, and this would not hurt my feelings one bit! In fact, I would gladly take Dakotas departure for this summer. I forget the past summer we just had not to long ago, but it was perfect! I want to say 2004? but it was cool, and I loved it.

You must not live near a body of water and want to go to the beach every available day. Need warmth for that, hoping for 85 and sunny all summer like last year.

I like fresh Canadian air masses..preferably cold and snowy. :)

I can put up with and derive some fleeting pleasure from a summer version with like 70's or 80 and low humidiy. But hazy heat and humidity is just atrocious.

Hey... low 60's like the other day is comfortable, but "boring" and why would I wish for that so soon? After all, once our last snow chance passes, we won't have another shot for six months and probably longer.

Two bouts of .4 here... Thur night and Fri evening. I hope I can muster 3.8 inches between now and May 1st to get 50" on the season.

You only like the cold? Whats up with that lol.... The only person I ever met that wants cold all the time. You should move to SIberia. :lmao:

I like fresh Canadian air masses..preferably cold and snowy. :)

I can put up with and derive some fleeting pleasure from a summer version with like 70's or 80 and low humidiy. But hazy heat and humidity is just atrocious.

Hey... low 60's like the other day is comfortable, but "boring" and why would I wish for that so soon? After all, once our last snow chance passes, we won't have another shot for six months and probably longer.

Two bouts of .4 here... Thur night and Fri evening. I hope I can muster 3.8 inches between now and May 1st to get 50" on the season.

I love tropical weather in addition to snow. Not a big fan of cold. Scrapping off my windshield every morning before work, heating bills, and just the plain feeling of being cold with chills all the time I cannot stand. For me to enjoy the beach and not have that "chill" after coming out of the water you need warmth/humidity. We get really humid sticky summers close to the Lake here. The lake also keeps us warm in Fall which is nice. I am a huge fan of huge snowstorms though, I do not know why, just an obsession with snow(Only enjoy large snowstorms, nickle and dime stuff is pointless). However I also love following severe weather events as well. But looking forward to a beautiful spring/summer coming up, looks like it will start early! Tennis, golf, and beach volleyball season underway! =)

I like watching tropical wx also, but it's all from a afar for the most part. If we had a rare shot at a hurricane landfall in like Long Island or New England I'd root on a hot humid airmass to get it up here. :) ..but I'd be very uncomfortable.

Last year we did get Irene around here and that was utterly useless ..lots of destruction, but it was only a very very rainy TS when it got to NY. A 1938 style cane actually hitting L.I. would be extremely exciting from a wx perspective of course.

I love tropical weather in addition to snow. Not a big fan of cold. Scrapping off my windshield every morning before work, heating bills, and just the plain feeling of being cold with chills all the time I cannot stand. For me to enjoy the beach and not have that "chill" after coming out of the water you need warmth/humidity. We get really humid sticky summers close to the Lake here. The lake also keeps us warm in Fall which is nice. I am a huge fan of huge snowstorms though, I do not know why, just an obsession with snow(Only enjoy large snowstorms, nickle and dime stuff is pointless). However I also love following severe weather events as well. But looking forward to a beautiful spring/summer coming up, looks like it will start early! Tennis, golf, and beach volleyball season underway! =)

I like watching tropical wx also, but it's all from a afar for the most part. If we had a rare shot at a hurricane landfall in like Long Island or New England I'd root on a hot humid airmass to get it up here. :) ..but I'd be very uncomfortable.

Last year we did get Irene around here and that was utterly useless ..lots of destruction, but it was only a very very rainy TS when it got to NY. A 1938 style cane actually hitting L.I. would be extremely exciting from a wx perspective of course.

Yes as long as I didn't have to work 18 hour shifts to watch it!

You should be very well rested after this non winter though! ;)

Hey ALB currently holding the #2 least snowy position. Only the 13.8" in 1912-13 was more snowless.Several in the upper 20's".

So far this season ALB stands at: 23.3 inches. I believe they need about 4 " inches to slip into the #3 spot so quite doubtful.

On the other hand:

Top 10 April Snowstorms

Rank/Total Storm Amount/Date

1 17.7" 4/6-7/1982

2 13.3" 4/9/2000

3 13.0" 4/1-2/1924

4 11.3" 4/8-10/1974

5 11.0" 4/3/1891

6 8.8" 4/19/1983

7 8.4" 4/8-11/1907

8 7.6" 4/9-10/1979

9 7.2" 4/3-4/1955

10 6.9" 4/13-14/1950

tie 6.9" 4/10-11/1942

Yes as long as I didn't have to work 18 hour shifts to watch it!

Archived